Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Terry in the ADK 11-27-2018 09:33 AM

Just started to do Part 1 using the Accuquilt! Thanks to all your help they are coming out on size with no trimming thus no hand pain!!!! Well worth the price to me. Not sure it’s faster as I am new to using it but certainly more accurate.... maybe that’s why it is called an Accuquilt!

lora3677 11-27-2018 01:34 PM

I'm also working on the first clue... I'm about 24% of the way down with the rest "in progress". Hoping to spend a couple hours at the machine tonight and make some major progress. :)

This is my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt and I'm hoping I didn't take on something way above my skill set... we'll see. :)

Battle Axe 11-27-2018 02:16 PM

I agree with you, Terry. For some reason I feel that my rotary cutter dances a little when hand cutting the slices. The AcQ seems to make them straight all the time. My trimming and measuring section is currently backed up.

We learn when we bump up against the skill set. Keep at it lora3677.

Marcia

Tweety2911 11-27-2018 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604507[/ATTACH]
Clue 1 done! Whew!
Great job ladies on your clue 1!

joe'smom 11-27-2018 05:41 PM

Beautiful, Tweety!

I have about 60 done, and hope to finish my subcutting tonight -- my new cutter arrived today!

QuiltingVagabond 11-28-2018 06:55 AM

What I noticed this time while making my subcuts of the sewn strip pairs was that the bump of the seam caused my ruler to rock ever so slightly. I really had to watch carefully that it didn't move. If only I had the right size strip die to see if that did better...
PS I was only cutting the 2 layers at a time.

Feathers-N-Fur 11-28-2018 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604525[/ATTACH]
Woo hoo! Finally finished my 125% of clue one. I think I spent as much time pressing as I did sewing.

JENNR8R 11-28-2018 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I saw this clue, I thought I'd get it done in one day... six days later they are finally complete...

For those of you who have done a Bonnie Hunter mystery in the past, are all of the clues so time consuming?

Kassaundra 11-28-2018 11:46 AM

Some are more but she thows in a week or two that are short too. Like the week of Christmas is usually a pretty easy week.

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8168073)
When I saw this clue, I thought I'd get it done in one day... six days later they are finally complete...

For those of you who have done a Bonnie Hunter mystery in the past, are all of the clues so time consuming?

happylab 11-28-2018 12:44 PM

JennrBr, I think she considered this an easy one to start us out. I haven’t even cut out my ....... # strips yet. That’s a later today project.

before I cut out my fabric, I need to rip out 2 seams on my Nebraska top. That is getting to be a process. I should have been done with it last week. I have to stop doing nighttime sewing and calculating. The sewing I’m fine doing. Congrates on you who have your squares completed. I also love the pics. Happy sewing everyone.