Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

AmyBible 11-26-2018 02:24 PM

Very pretty block Battle Axe

audsgirl - your wee little blocks are so cute...

AlvaStitcher - love you scrappiness - I have that same cat fabric!

Kassaundra - - So now you can play around with your own fabric once the layout is revealed? Good idea drawing out the clues.

I sewed all day but have only 1/3 of the units finished. I'm waffling back and forth about making all the units for each clue or just 75% - guess I'll see how many I have complete by Friday.

Mariposa 11-26-2018 03:21 PM

audsgirl~ great purples in your 4-patches! :)

Tweety2911 11-26-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by AmyBible (Post 8167031)
Very pretty block Battle Axe

audsgirl - your wee little blocks are so cute...

AlvaStitcher - love you scrappiness - I have that same cat fabric!

Kassaundra - - So now you can play around with your own fabric once the layout is revealed? Good idea drawing out the clues.

I sewed all day but have only 1/3 of the units finished. I'm waffling back and forth about making all the units for each clue or just 75% - guess I'll see how many I have complete by Friday.

Ditto on all your comments. I can't image doing the units at 75% will be following you Amy Bible. Loving all the fabric choices shown.

I only have 26 units done so far, hectic schedule is keeping me from getting in a really good cutting/sewing time.

Beachbaby12 11-26-2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8153445)
Let me confess to you how crazy I am! This weekend I will be putting final borders on Jamestown Landing (Bonnie Hunter design);
Next weekend I am taking a class with Bonnie for her Midnight Flight quilt;
I plan to do Good Fortune as it comes out;
I have a Wild and Goosey that I plan to make into a table runner which I take to my weekly sew-in;
I am currently quilting On Ringo Lake from last year's mystery;
And I am taking another class with Bonnie in March for Wonky Wishes!!!!!

Obviously I am demented and a huge BH fan! LOL

Wow I really think that's great! You're doing great job on your quilts. I would love to meet Bonnie someday and take a workshop with her.

Kassaundra 11-26-2018 04:55 PM

Great progress everyone! Red and white always looks so good together.

Macybaby 11-26-2018 05:08 PM

Ok- my post was deleted because I showed my pieces on my cutting mat and someone could use that to determine sizes - I'll have to remember as I habitually use my cutting mat to take pictures as I have better lighting above it.

Anyway, I do have my 4 patches all done.

AmyBible 11-26-2018 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 8167103)
Ditto on all your comments. I can't image doing the units at 75% will be following you Amy Bible. Loving all the fabric choices shown.

I only have 26 units done so far, hectic schedule is keeping me from getting in a really good cutting/sewing time.

Oh haha Tweety...not doing the mystery at 75% of the **size**
Doing 75% of the quantity....less units for each clue to get a little bit smaller quilt. 😊

retiredteacher09 11-26-2018 07:07 PM

Kp3690: If you have an accurate 1/4" seam or a scant one, you shouldn't need to square them up. Maybe a titch here and there. I usually check a few every so often to make sure I am still sewing carefully.

I enjoy seeing everyone's patches. I have 10 done. Like Amy Bible, I will see how many I have finished by Friday and then I will decide how many I will do of each clue. I think I have enough strip sections sewn together so it's just a matter of how many I can get subcut and sewn before Friday.

Macybaby 11-27-2018 06:11 AM

Last year I did a "half size" quilt - lots of very small pieces to deal with. Decided I wouldn't do that this year. The best part is I did an alternate layout that I really liked and now want to do a full size quilt using it. One more project for the bucket list!

I did not trim up any of my 4 patches. They are very close and I figure I'll wait until I need to use them to decide if I need them trimmed or can use them as they are.

tucsonquilter 11-27-2018 08:19 AM

Yay! I just found this thread. I'm almost to the halfway mark on the 4 patches. Here is to another day of cutting, sewing, trimming. LOL