Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Burgoyne Surrounded Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/burgoyne-surrounded-sew-along-t299930.html)

givio 10-11-2018 06:26 AM

Jane, I like the steps posted every two weeks. I'm also working on other projects, so I need some time.
I like checking in on this thread to see if anyone posted progress pictures or comments during each step, etc. :-) I plan to start cutting this weekend.

jclinganrey 10-11-2018 09:56 AM

Thanks for the input, everyone. We'll keep it at every 2 weeks and post lots of pics and words of encouragement along the way.

cindyb 10-11-2018 11:38 AM

This is my first time joining a 'Sew Along'. I see at the very beginning of this thread it lists the fabric amounts; but, from there where are the next steps? Am I suppose to go somewhere? I feel pretty stupid as everyone seems to be going strong!

Sorry, I just went back and found Step one on about #53. Then it said steps will be posted on this thread every 2 weeks. So now I'm assuming since I'm on this thread I will be notified.

QuiltnNan 10-11-2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 8141716)
... So now I'm assuming since I'm on this thread I will be notified.

Of course if you read all the new messages, you will find the steps as they are posted. You won't automatically be notified of the next steps. You can subscribe to the thread and will be notified of each new post.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-11-2018 03:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Half of the 4-patches are done. Has any one squared them up and trimmed their 4-patches? Here's photos of mine:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602441[/ATTACH] And the 3 fabrics I am using:[ATTACH=CONFIG]602442[/ATTACH]to make my Christmas Queen quilt.

oksewglad 10-11-2018 03:27 PM

You are welcome, cindyb

Looking good QNS...

Still cutting background pieces. Haven't squared the 4P's...they look pretty square to me.

frustratedquilter40 10-11-2018 08:06 PM

QNS love your fabric choice. It is going to be lovely.

sewbizgirl 10-11-2018 08:18 PM

I like your plan for a Christmas Burgoyne, QNS. Going to be so pretty.

givio 10-12-2018 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, Great contrast and good choices for this pattern!
I've decided easily on my scrappy background, it's going to be sort of warm golden tans. But deciding on the scraps-- I've been sort of wishy-washy all week! I think I'm settling on cool colors for the chains and warm colors for the circles. I think the two brightest greens might stick out more than I want, so I might or might not make blocks with them. I've got only one true blue at this point, and that might not work for me either. In the end, when I'm laying out the blocks, I might reject ones that I don't think look good and replace with something else.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-12-2018 06:48 AM

Givio, try a few blocks or have someone put them into EQ8 to see how them would look. I always make a few samples of the blocks just to see how they are going to look together. Then I can change my mind and go a different way. It has to look right to you.