Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

pjnesler 12-09-2014 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Karen G (Post 6999368)
Step one all done. Step two all cut with a couple of sets sewn. I am loving the easy angle rulers and methods. It feels good to use a ruler that has been sitting for quite a while.

Right Karen G. if I had never found Bonnie Hunter, I probably never would have used those easy angle rulers I just had to by way back when - just because they were on sale, or I had a coupon or something...

Windblown 12-09-2014 05:27 PM

Brooke, such an endearing photo of your little one, You need to frame that.
Do I spy a bottle tree on the wall between your windows? Cobalt Blue glass is my downfall.

QultingaddictUK 12-09-2014 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to SueSew I have managed to start on the 2nd block and am really chuffed how the centres line up so perfectly, I like the learning curve on this quilt I hadn't expected so much.

SusanSusan33 12-09-2014 06:38 PM

What a sweet helper you have BrookeMarie!! And I love seeing a little lefty doing your snipping! (I'm a lefty)

mom2boyz 12-09-2014 09:57 PM

I really need help!! This is my first BH quilt. I have been sewing for a while and have made a few quilts but so help me, I cannot get the points to line up for the step 2 blocks. I am trying the strip method, was meticulous with the sewing & cutting, everything measured right but the points DO NOT MATCH!!! I cut all 3 strips at 2" each. What in the world am I doing wrong. I'm ready to give up. Thanks for any advice ( I have the ruler ordered but don't have it yet)

Wavewatcher 12-09-2014 10:46 PM

mom2boyz, I think your strips should be 2 1/2" not 2".

miss_sonja 12-09-2014 10:56 PM

2" is right for the strips. I would check the angle you are cutting the subunits- and size of subunits-should be 2 1/2".

Honchey 12-10-2014 05:55 AM

Strips to be cut need to be 2.5" so that the square they will become finishes at 2"

AlvaStitcher 12-10-2014 06:15 AM

I received the news last evening that my brother was killed last night in an accident with a semi log truck while responding to a house fire. I worked for several hours after getting the news on Clue #1 blocks. It was very good therapy for me. Soothing to my soul. This will certainly be a quilt to remember.

QultingaddictUK 12-10-2014 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 7002407)
I received the news last evening that my brother was killed last night in an accident with a semi log truck while responding to a house fire. I worked for several hours after getting the news on Clue #1 blocks. It was very good therapy for me. Soothing to my soul. This will certainly be a quilt to remember.

My heart goes out to you at this tragic time, I understand working on your quilt, quilting has got me over many a bad time in my life and for pain therapy it is second to none. Keep strong for the family big hugs (((((AlvaStitcher)))) from over the pond.