Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

Feathers-N-Fur 12-09-2014 12:08 AM

To get 12 pieces from each strip set, you need to stagger the strips by the width of the strip. The ends of the strip set should look like stairs. I have gotten 12 pieces from all of my first 5 strip sets. Still have a long ways to go tonight before I go back to work tomorrow. I joined late. I kept watching, but wasn't planning on doing this since I gave up on Orca Bay a few years back. But this one has been more fun and I love the bright colors. I only bought my yellow, the rest is from my stash. I tried to post pics, but gave up after much frustration. Thank you everyone for the inspiration.

susiequilt 12-09-2014 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur (Post 7000893)
To get 12 pieces from each strip set, you need to stagger the strips by the width of the strip. The ends of the strip set should look like stairs. I have gotten 12 pieces from all of my first 5 strip sets. Still have a long ways to go tonight before I go back to work tomorrow. I joined late. I kept watching, but wasn't planning on doing this since I gave up on Orca Bay a few years back. But this one has been more fun and I love the bright colors. I only bought my yellow, the rest is from my stash. I tried to post pics, but gave up after much frustration. Thank you everyone for the inspiration.

Well, aren't you clever! I never thought of that. With my old brain I'm surprised that I even understand that but I do! It's too late this time but I'll try to remember that in the future. Thanks!
:)

SunlitenSmiles 12-09-2014 09:06 AM

Tomorrow 9 p.m. ET the live video....just FYI for anyone

who might have missed the announcement.

That is 6 p.m.PST.............FUN !

SusanSusan33 12-09-2014 09:40 AM

Thanks for the "staggering the stairs" method for the strips! I hope to do some more sewing Friday- hopefully. LOL!

lfstamper 12-09-2014 10:11 AM

Wish i had thought of staggering! Great tip for future.

brookemarie19 12-09-2014 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally! Just finished clue 1. Need to get busy with clue 2. I was lucky enough to get help from my little one since there was early dismissal due to snow coming in. She is 5 and is always eager to help. So lucky to have one of my kids show as much interest as she does :)

Sophie2 12-09-2014 02:22 PM

Brooke, so nice to have a helper! She is a cutie.

quiltsRfun 12-09-2014 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 7001702)
Finally! Just finished clue 1. Need to get busy with clue 2. I was lucky enough to get help from my little one since there was early dismissal due to snow coming in. She is 5 and is always eager to help. So lucky to have one of my kids show as much interest as she does :)

Nice colors. I'd like to have a little helper like that.

peaceandjoy 12-09-2014 04:08 PM

Brooke, she is adorable! Nice fabric, too!

peaceandjoy 12-09-2014 04:09 PM

Thank you, SunlitenSmiles!