Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

lynnie k 03-06-2011 06:13 PM

I have a cousin that lives in Inwood is that near you

lynnie k 03-06-2011 06:15 PM

are you near Inwood WV

Originally Posted by mymsmess
I am definately a newbie! I will take ANY help I can get! I have been preparing myself to quilt for years. Because I knew there would be a time when I could no longer work due to my multiple sclerosis. So tell me, are there any takers out there for me? Please let me know.

thanks

lynnie k 03-06-2011 06:41 PM

wow I have the very same warning sign in my sewing room . I gave one to my LQS to hang up they loved it

Originally Posted by BKinCO
I love this idea! I'm a newbie and would love to be adopted :) I'm still struggling with working out the kinks in my new machine (Janome 6600P) to be able to quilt well on it!

7armadillos 03-06-2011 07:53 PM

Where do I find the list of Abbreviations? I'm figuring some out like FMQ must be fre motion quilting and SID must be stitch in the ditch?

karen3002 03-07-2011 12:50 PM

I am a newbie looking to be adopted - my biggest thing is I need encouragement to get started & finish projects. I do not do anything complicated (as I have enough stress in my life already LOL). But, I am thinking of working on some purses and some wall size hangings. I want to start working on a wall size disappearing nine patch this week. :lol:

playswithcolor 03-08-2011 09:14 AM

I would love to be adopted. It will be a few weeks until I get the ok to quilt again (hand surgery last week).

One of my biggest challenges is finding some way to hold/move the quilt while FMQ.

I also need help planning color values to help get more dimension in quilts. I love the depth that some people managed to get in their quilts. Now I just need to figure out how to do it.

janell2009 03-10-2011 12:44 AM

Hi I am 50. I have been doing some kind of quilting for about 5 years. I just purchased a quilt frame so I can quilt some of my own quilts. Most, no all of the quilts I have made so far I have given to friends and relatives. I have done about 10 denim ones. I also love to do the memory t-shirt ones. I did one for a friend out of sweatshirts. I have made about 6 memory quilts. I am just starting into pieced quilts. I love the style of Eleanor Burns. Strip quilting.. I did her one called Day & Night. Still very much in the learning stages of quilting.. Also I love using old material, such as old drapes or discard cloths, don't like to purchase material. Love to find it at flee markets or thrift stores...
I would love to be ADOPTED.....

Lv2sew2011 03-10-2011 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
NEWBIE UP FOR ADOPTION: Definitely need guidance. I want to become a world famous Art Quilter. Ok maybe just learn how to put on a border...

Those boarders are a pain...LOL

Joyful Nana 03-10-2011 01:13 PM

I am new to the board and to quilting. As a teenager, I helped my grandma hand quilt a wedding quilt for my cousin. I dreamed of quilting when I retired, but so far all I have done is make 4 doll quilts for the dgd's this past Christmas. I have two baby quilts cut out and some of the piecing done, but have been busy lately and haven't worked on them in a while. I love quilts and want to be able to make them for my family and friends. Tammie Jo, would you consider being my quilting mentor? TIA!
Joyful Nana

Joyful Nana 03-10-2011 01:46 PM

Tammi Jo,
Thank you! You will be getting a pm from me any time now. I was writing and posting it while you were answering here on the board. Sorry! I will pm you with my first question soon. Thank you again for agreeing to help me. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to learning all I can about quilting.

Joyful Nana