Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

joe'smom 12-30-2017 07:09 AM

Wow, what a surprise! Thanks for the heads up, GramE!

I have the brown geese done, and the second piece to put on 140 coral geese. I made good headway with clue #4 yesterday, and plan to finish that today, and maybe get the clue #6 coral pieces sewn on. Then I'll get back to the coral geese. Has anyone ever seen a double goose unit before?

I have a feeling that if anyone mistakenly posts a guess photo on the blog, it will be quickly removed.

edit

Personally, I love seeing the guesses and people's experimenting with putting pieces together, probably because I'm not inventive enough to do it myself. But I certainly understand the other point of view.

sewbizgirl 12-30-2017 07:24 AM

I’m so glad she’s letting us combine some units before the big reveal. It will take some of the burden of work off, post-reveal.

i love seeing the guesses, but understand those who don’t. Just remember that in the history of BH mysteries, no guess has ever been right.

Sandra-P 12-30-2017 07:31 AM

Sewbiz, That is such a relief to me! Glad to know that. It is also Bonnie herself on her blog that has asked that we not post our ideas to social media or our own blogs to try to keep this a mystery right up until the end. Like I said, I love seeing the units, colors, and the help we give each other, just not the guesses. I may be a little over the top with that as I dont like to watch the previews to shows on TV either. But again, it is the creator of this that is asking us to not do it. I too am glad we get to put some of these together before the big reveal.

kristakz 12-30-2017 07:37 AM

Excuse me, I have to head up to my sewing room now ...

I'm so excited - and thrilled that while it looks like Bonnie is aiming for a New Year's Day reveal again, she's not dumping a pile into it like last year. A few baby steps over the weekend, and maybe I can stay strong on my decision not to participate in any (other) New Year's Day mysteries this year :)

sewbizgirl 12-30-2017 08:03 AM

The plus side of the "guesses" is getting to see alternate possibilities you may not have thought of yourself. You may see a combo you want to try for your next quilt, since you already know how to make the units. But I'm sure we can all be patient, since the reveal is so close.

I've got to finish trimming about 50 clue 6s, then I'll start putting the geese together. Double geese units are actually very common in big star blocks and many others. Hopefully, since the geese are already trimmed to perfection, they won't require any trimming once put together. Gotta find the perfect seam.

Bluebonnets 12-30-2017 08:09 AM

Oh wow, how neat. She's doing things a bit different this year. Too bad I'm away from my sewing machine and clues till Tuesday. I will watch all the fun tho, and dream and speculate.

tscweaves 12-30-2017 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was up early this morning and decided to jump on clue #7. Here are 100 double flying geese, I am glad I have them done as I have other sewing plans for the rest of the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586232[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 12-30-2017 08:15 AM

Thanks, GramE, for the heads up with a new clue. I get my clues a day late in my email so I’m glad I checked in here this morning. I usually only read this thread at night but didn’t do it last night so catching up now.

I still need to finish clue 5 and do clue 6. Plus clue 7 now. Whew! Glad I was planning on sewing lots today! Lol!

I am so glad that I am only doing 1/3 of the clues!

Connie

NZquilter 12-30-2017 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7972296)
The plus side of the "guesses" is getting to see alternate possibilities you may not have thought of yourself. You may see a combo you want to try for your next quilt, since you already know how to make the units. But I'm sure we can all be patient, since the reveal is so close.

I like seeing the alternative possibilities on the off hand chance that I don't like Bonnies after the reveal. That way I have a game plan to fall back on and all my work won't be wasted. But this close to the end I would rather not see any :)

Clue 6 is done and I'll be trimming here soon! I know Bonnie suggested another ruler (As if!) but I am thinking, wouldn't the Companion ruler do the same job? Or even Bonnies Essential ruler for those who have it? I have no interest in buying any more rulers for a bit...

GramE 12-30-2017 08:18 AM

Connie, I was up last night trying to find things I could work on sitting away from the machine & had left the blog open so when I opened this morning it was right there.

I’m doing 2/3, I hope!