Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

DogHouseMom 11-25-2017 02:47 PM

Everyone's blocks look great. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the ones in different color ways.

Angelina ... your blocks remind me of one of units from the Grand Illusion MQ

Carol in WI 11-25-2017 03:35 PM

It is so much fun to see all the blocks. I've had company and my husband was in the hospital, but things are settling down. Company leaves tomorrow and he is now home and feeling better, so I expect to get going on my blocks by mid week. I am already learning more tips from those of you who have sewn yours. I also wish that I was a bit braver about
changing up the colors. Kass I love how your blocks look and can hardly wait to see each new step.

NZquilter 11-25-2017 03:42 PM

Carol, sorry to hear about your husband!

I should have been smart and ironed all my fabric earlier. I took them out of the draw to start cutting and they are pretty creased by the folds. At least quilt ironing is one thing I actually find relaxing and soothing because that's what I'm going to be doing tonight!

joe'smom 11-25-2017 04:23 PM

Marie, there is 1 1/4 yd. more aqua than coral in the quilt, so whichever color you would like to be more prominent could be the aqua replacement. You could also consider the brightness of the paint chips as a guide, and let the red replace whichever color you see as the brighter one.

letawellman 11-25-2017 04:37 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a little late in the thread (Thank You!! NZQuilter for starting this for us!!) but I've had So Much going on lately.

I'm not going to spaz out if I'm behind... I'm just going to make sure I download the instructions each week.

I like collecting BOM's and BOW's that are free - I"m hoping having these "related" sets of blocks will help me use up my stash. I need to remember to stop by Lowe's (again) and get those paint chips.

I did the En Provence last year, and (mostly) stayed up-to-date with the instructions... until I got to the end... I have a pile of blocks that I need to join.

My quilting life has run amok lately... I've not kept up with Anything - not the UFO thread, not the "Autumn Evenings" BOW... about the only thing I've been good at is the fabric moratorium... until today, when I had to order a special, black wide backing... and I think that kind of falls under our "exclusion" clause.

I love seeing everyone else's progress though... and I love seeing the different "color substitutions" as well.
Quilt on!! I'll be watching, and hopefully my hands will catch up with all the threads I'm following!!

Kassaundra 11-25-2017 05:24 PM

Windblown cute little navy and blue 9 patch. Joe'smom beat me to the chose the one you want to show more of answer.

Macybaby 11-25-2017 06:12 PM

here are my other sets - one with kassaundra's idea of switching light and dark that I'm doing half, and another I'm doing half at half size.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...pswckcecai.jpg

sewbizgirl 11-25-2017 06:21 PM

I see everyone is getting right on this first clue! I won't get my sewing stuff back out until my T'giving guests are gone. Plenty of time to sew later, but the time with my loved ones at the holidays is precious.

Bluebonnets, I have to say your fabrics are so very beautiful! I'm going to love your quilt.

I'm still second guessing my color choices and may change them again. :eek: :D

That Bonnie loves to work in 3.5" units! And yes, I will be spinning the four intersections. I can't not....

suz1 11-25-2017 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my blocks done :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584334[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 11-25-2017 09:43 PM

Windblown, I keep looking at your photo. I just love that color combination, and I think it's going to be so beautiful.

suz1, those are fabulous! I love the touches of red.

Macybaby, you are such a workhorse! Those look beautiful. Can't wait to see the reverse value quilts!!

I had such a fun day of sewing. I have my strip sets sewn and got a start on matching the blues with the browns.