Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 03-23-2024, 11:26 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Ever have one of those moments where you juxtapose numbers? No often, but it happens.
Usually, I catch myself. Just finished a border (84 inches of border); actually had to make 50% more of them to make it to 84! Couldn’t figure what I was thinking having so few. (This may have been a late night)
Woke the next morning to “fix”my error. Just picked up the quilt… yup, thought myself right into a ton of extra work. The side measures 48🤦‍♀️!
Hoping to be flinging Monday 😎
Old 03-23-2024, 01:16 PM

aargh
yep
been there...
got the T shirt...
Old 03-23-2024, 03:33 PM

spam reported
Old 03-24-2024, 10:18 AM

Okay, it gets better and better. The border wasn’t 84 or 48!😂😂

It was 58 😳 and came out pretty good!

I am flinging my last Flimsy in the morning. Also, everyone’s labels and extra fabric. If there’s a color fabric that you want me to try to achieve let me know I’m happy for the practice.

Thank you all for a great swap. I can’t wait to see what has become of my original block. 😊
Old 03-24-2024, 04:30 PM

Yay. Well done Yiaya!

( *singing sweetly* I know what yours looks like, I know what yours looks like)

I plan on flinging this one tomorrow...or maybe (probably) Tuesday.
Yes it was a great swap! And I'm pretty stoked to see what they have all become.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:19 AM

Okay, ladies I have officially flung my last flimsy along with everyone else’s labels. I hope that you like them.

FYI I left the labels as they came off the machine and had to use a cotton canvas to stabilize them because they were so dense. You can cut them how you would like leaving the canvas is optional.

The fabric I sent is pressed but could use a touch of starch or sizing. I’m pretty OCD about washing them so there is no risk of bleeding.

Postage rates have increased since last month. The normal $21.70 package was $26.90! Glad that it was this month and not at the beginning of our swap. My offer to send you more fabric still stands but I would ask that you pay postage and $6/yd (my cost, unless I deem it too ugly to charge you &#128514.

Happy Greek Independence Day! Oh, right I guess I am the only one celebrating 🥳.

😘

Old 03-25-2024, 08:07 AM

I will celebrate with you Yiaya. Happy Greek Independence Day backatcha. I'll go get the balloons and the baklava....

Yikes! mailing was beyond expensive!! Thank you so much for making labels and dyeing fabric for us!!!
Old 03-26-2024, 09:24 AM

Happy Greek Independence Day! I always need a good excuse to celebrate!

And congratulations on flinging your last flimsy, Yiaya!!! As my grandaughter (12 years old!) said recently, "alright! Let's party!!"
Old 03-26-2024, 12:17 PM

Cool One more to go

I just dropped off the caveman round to our sweet Peckish. Got that finished at a quilt retreat this past weekend that I coordinated for my sewing group. Lots of work but lots of fun. Now to finalize her flimsy. =)

I am so sorry for not being more involved on the board. Sickness, travel, work all ended up taking my time. It's been great fun to see all the creativity though. I was a little disappointed with the actual "class" that Ricky led; I feel it wasn't very innovative or informative but still glad to have met you all!

ShawneeOR
Old 03-28-2024, 08:45 AM

How are your picture sends going? I hope everyone is able to get their pictures to westernwilson. Our upcoming meeting on Apr 3 with Ricky is going to be giving us specifics on how he wants the pictures sent in to him. No reveals are happening on April 3 so rest easy if you have not yet finished your Harmony and Unity round.

Be on the lookout for a group personal email (not through QB) later this evening to try to nail down a day to have a meeting to share our finished flimsies with one another.

I am waiting on one more Mad Adder photo (and one from westernwilson if she's willing) before I put together the group photo to share with the other Mad Adders at the April 3 meeting. I will send the finished merger, if it works, to all of you via personal email prior to the April 3 meeting.

Are you gathering your supplies to get your flimsy finished? Don't forget you need your batting, binding, and backing -- our wonderful triumvirate of quilt finishes. So my sweet terd of hurtles... our journey is coming to an end. At last we get to see the results of this very unusally formatted round robin. I know others on the QB are eager to see what we have done. You are all amazing in your skills! We should all go to Birmingham to show off our quilts!! Anyone up for a field trip?