Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt >

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Old 09-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I was PM'd that my thread was removed and told I need to read the rules to start a thread and ask Patrica first. Sorry ladies. I didn't know all that. I went to the one mentioned by givio and we could use that one it's still up,
Ok.... I just pm'd PatriceJ and asked her just how exactly we are supposed to start the new thread. I also asked to be able to have it in the BOM and BOW section, where more people looking for a sew-along group will be likely to find us. I'm sure this will be straightened out, but typically she doesn't answer right away, so hang on.

In the meantime, and even after the new BOW starts, hope you will keep posting your R&R blocks and finished quilts here so we can still enjoy them.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:52 PM

I really like your top Christine. Your colors are great and the workmanship is too. When I press mine, it seems to snug up the pieces.

Marcia
Old 09-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

I got a reply from PatriceJ... She approved our thread and said it had to go into Challenges and Contests, because the BOW and BOM section is only for those done by volunteers on the Quilting Board, not QALs hosted off-site. So we will be in Contests! I started a thread and it has to be approved by a mod before it shows up. (It will be, Patrice gave us permission.) It seems that threads in Contests all need approval now.

So, watch for it in the Contests section. Whoever sees it first, please post the link to it here. I signed up for the BOW, tho I'm not going to sew the quilt along with y'all right now... not unless my schedule frees up A LOT, (and I doubt that will happen with Christmas coming up.)

The BOW started on the 18th-- last Monday! So sign up right away if you want to do it. Maybe the first week's block will still be free along with the second block that will come out Monday... we can hope!
http://www.piecingthepastquilts.com/autumn-evenings-bow
Old 09-23-2017, 03:03 PM

Thank you sewbizgirl will keep my eyes open. Finished 1st block last night working on the alternate blocks now ��
Old 09-23-2017, 04:35 PM

I got sidetracked with sewing the 5" charms that I received from the pink, purple, and blue charm swaps. I'm on my 3rd quilt top using them. I'll get back to R&R later, and if I find this thread still up, then I'll use it to show how mine came out. I've made several sampler quilts, and maybe that's why I'm enjoying using the 5" charms right now. It's a change of pace. :-) In the meantime, I've signed up for the new Autumn Evenings BOW, and will save the pdfs and think about doing them at a later time, but I'll look in on the new thread for it. Thanks for figuring out where it will be! I guess it's a learning curve for knowing the correct directions for doing that.

Last edited by givio; 09-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Bonnie thanks so much and sorry you won't be joining us this time. I didn't even know there was a Challenges and Contests section. Humm I been a member for 7 and a half years too. Shame on me. lol
Old 09-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Bonnie thanks so much and sorry you won't be joining us this time. I didn't even know there was a Challenges and Contests section. Humm I been a member for 7 and a half years too. Shame on me. lol
LOL, this thread is in Challenges and Contests! We got moved here after a couple of weeks in BOMs...

Our new thread is still not up yet. Hopefully it get posted Monday.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:38 AM

lawsonmugs! What you said was worth a chuckle. :-) You must have some type of bookmark to find this thread? If you don't have a bookmark, then it seems like you would be clicking on the 'Challenges and Contests' forum to get to this thread-- so you knew to come to this section all these weeks without knowing you were coming. :-)
Old 09-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

givio I love your avatar quilt. Bonnie I hope yours makes it. I did see it listed under Challenges and Contests in todays newsletter. Although it says it's been deleted. Maybe tomorrow it will be up. Hope so.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

New Autumn Evenings BOW thread is up! Go here to chat about it, and don't forget to add it to your bookmarks.

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along