Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt >

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Old 07-31-2017, 10:55 AM

You are right. I just downloaded it. Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
When she sends the new block, you always get the new block and access to the previous week's block on the same page.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:28 PM

Everyone has shown such pretty blocks, that I finally had to jump on board and start my blocks. Here's Block 1, Woven Star.
Attached Thumbnails r-r-1-woven-star.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

That's pretty, Barb. It's never too late....
Old 07-31-2017, 03:21 PM

Nice blocks!

Here is Number 11-Stars in Flight. I really like my dark brown swirling fabric but it looks pretty dark in the photo.

I'm hoping to get one more block done tonight. I sure had problems with this one-total operator error! My brain was sewing HST's and not QST's for the center. Luckily, they are small and it was quick to take out the stitches. Lol! It didn't help that I was trying to decide whose house I would stay at when I go to my 'growing up' area for a couple of events on Thursday and Friday AND texting my son and my niece off and on while trying to get this one done!

Now where did those black and white strips go that I want to cut for my leader/ender BH project? Oh, my. One of those days! I think picking up sticks from last week's wind and mowing most of my lawn today used up my memory power.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577795[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-31-2017, 04:37 PM

This block is very pretty, I can't seem to get blocks down very good ... so I stay clear! I am still new to quilting but I sure love doing it. I do a lot of panels as my focal point. Boston Mom
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Well I finally got my wifi back and was able to download and print of the block for this week. I worked on it today and here it is. I sure hope I didn't mix any pieces up this time. lol. The red is a mottled dark red and black. Looks Like a dark brown on the computer. It really is a bit brighter and redder.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03677.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 04:50 PM

Thanks sewbizgirl. Here's block #2 Woven Time. This has been hard for me because I had no civil war fabrics and there aren't many available where I shop...Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby mostly. So I am making do.
Boston Mom....I have found the secret to making good blocks is making sure every single element is the size it is supposed to be after sewing. I use small square up rulers all the time when I am sewing. I rarely have to trim a block down, because I spend a lot of extra time with getting it right the first time. And you have to know how to sew a scant quarter. I use a 1/4" foot when I sew. It makes all the difference in the world for accurate sewing for me. Look forward to seeing some of your projects.

OOPS! Forgot to add the block.
Attached Thumbnails bhd-2-woven-time.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-31-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:10 PM

WOW, so many pretty new blocks since I was here last! They just keep coming! I, too, will hate to see this end. I'd be interested to see what response there is to the Farmers Wife Pony Club Sampler Quilt. I think they are 8" blocks, right? Are you thinking of starting a new group with it? Also saw another interesting book... Bible Sampler Quilt Blocks but can't see anywhere what size the blocks are. Does anybody have this book?

Last edited by Just Jan; 07-31-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:39 PM

OOPS... Just finally found my answer... The Bible blocks are only 6" blocks, so I would not be interested in that type of SAL.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 PM

I really wish I had made more effort to get started when everyone else did. I don't like this trying to catch up. And I haven't even thought about all those border blocks. "boo hiss" Here's Block #3 Wedding Ring.
Attached Thumbnails bhd-r-r-3-wedding-ring.jpg