Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 01-09-2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I did not do anything yesterday so mine is not competed. Here is one block totally done. I just have to assemble my blocks. My husband likes it. I am going a little bit controlled on the placement of fabrics, but otherwise all is scraps. Now to get the rest done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]586784[/ATTACH]
I love this block. It looks like something that would be on my grandma’s bed!

NZ & Pagzz, yours each are different but both beautiful.

Last edited by GramE; 01-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

Lisa, I'm sorry you aren't happy with your quilt. I think your idea of making two kinds of blocks is great! Hope you'll show us a pic of that soon.

I got the pieces all made for my 5 extra blocks yesterday. So slow and tedious when you are making a scrappy, and have to make a few more blocks. You have to get out all your fabrics in each color again, and cut maybe one or two pieces from each, to maintain the scrappy look. Much easier to have cut them all from the beginning! But that's done now so onward and upward!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:31 AM

I have 14 blocks sewn, took yesterday off to prep some new and interesting leader enders I must have several billion light dark 4 patches made, my 4 patch (1" finished) tin is stuffed!
Love seeing what everyone results are.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 AM

I was hoping to get some more done today, but not sure now if I will. Looooooooong shift, w/ a bad semi wreck early this morning making me be almost 4 hours over time to get off, so worked nearly 28 hours w/ one short (1 hour ish) nap. Planning on taking a bigger nap now, then we'll see how it goes.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lisa, I'm sorry you aren't happy with your quilt. I think your idea of making two kinds of blocks is great! Hope you'll show us a pic of that soon.
I hope it will be nice, just different than expected. But I have a plan now, so that's a good feeling!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I was hoping to get some more done today, but not sure now if I will. Looooooooong shift, w/ a bad semi wreck early this morning making me be almost 4 hours over time to get off, so worked nearly 28 hours w/ one short (1 hour ish) nap. Planning on taking a bigger nap now, then we'll see how it goes.
Wow, I am sorry, Kass! That must be a tough job. I hope you get to rest now.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I hope it will be nice, just different than expected. But I have a plan now, so that's a good feeling!
Lisa, I know yours will be lovely! I was disappointed with mine too, when I saw how mine was going to look if I had done it just like Bonnie's, so I tried many different idea and options. I thought I had decided but then my DH, bless his honesty, told me he didn't like it! That's when I went out and bought the sky blue fabric. He told me he likes it now. Whew! I put so much engery and love into what I make, I couldn't have continued with him not liking it.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I have 14 blocks sewn, took yesterday off to prep some new and interesting leader enders I must have several billion light dark 4 patches made, my 4 patch (1" finished) tin is stuffed!
Love seeing what everyone results are.
Do you have a plan for your 4-patches? I also have a bin full, as well as one with HST, as a result of those times when I needed a sewing break.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:23 PM

no. but like the Oh My Gosh quilt they should be Amazing! And the quilt will be so easy
Old 01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Sorry Kass... hope you get some good rest.