Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 02-09-2018, 03:24 AM

Lisa, it looks beautiful.You did a wonderful job!
Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588684[/ATTACH]

My ORL, laid out on my king-sized bed. I think I am going to add another border to it first. Quilting to be completed this summer!
Attached Thumbnails kindle_camera_1515073480000.jpg  

Last edited by charmednmissouri; 02-09-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 02-09-2018, 06:27 AM

Such lovely finished tops, ladies!!! There is real eye candy on this page. Each one is so different and you can almost see the maker's personality coming through, don't ya think? I love it! No one would guess we all started out with the same clues!

My second half of the blocks are done, so now for the other half to be assembled! The end is in sight.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:36 AM

Thank you for your kind comments everyone!

auntjo , you've ended up with a wonderful quilt!

Wow, Kalama, that really took on a life of its own. It looks amazing and totally unique!

charmednmissouri, that is a real beauty. I love how you've mixed some more orange-y tones with pinker ones; it really adds interest.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM

I think it's so neat, all of the variations that came out! We did all start with the same instructions, but all I can think is "WOW" when I see all of the different interpretations of the finished quilts, it blows my mind. I love how mine turned out, yet I LOVE about 50 others I have seen too, and I would have been happy if mine had turned out like any of those. I REALLY learned a lot about colors and placement with this one. My aunt thought I should wait until I saw how the quilt would look before I started mine, but I am so glad I did not. What I learned making this quilt will stay with me, that is for sure!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:48 PM

Quiltermoma, That's a great pattern with the secondary 4-patches! Wonderful selection of fabrics. A beauty all around!
auntjo, that ric rac border is a cute one, nice finish!
joe'smom, you managed to keep a calmer look with your scrappy. How!? :-) Look's dreamy.
KalamaQuilts, Your center is outstanding!
charmednMO, Whew! Your picture makes the top look so big, and you are going bigger! It's a great shot showing your perseverance.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:27 AM

I have a question. I have been following this thread since it was started. I know that Bonnie has given us the pattern as a gift and has graciously praised the many variations that all of you have posted. Like many of you, I really needed a larger size. I really like many of the border variations that I’ve seen, as well as the change in color for the chevrons. I don’t want “to steal” anyone’s idea and will probably adapt what I can see to suit the size and outer color that I think will work best for me. I know that copyright doesn’t really apply, because I don’t think that anyone who has posted variations has thought to copyright her creativity. Nevertheless, generally speaking, do you think that we are free to adapt what has been posted, particularly if the quilts are for our personal use? For the En Provence, for example, I really loved the effect that several of you created by changing the yellow squares into HSTs with half yellow and the other lavender or purple. I had no hesitation about using that invention, but I hesitate to use one or more border ideas from this thread. Thoughts?
Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 AM

I am completely utterly non proprietal about any / all pictures ideas I post. I do not make any money at all my quilting is for my own fun and sanity. I think when a picture is posted online, if you can figure out how to do it all the more power to you. I make pictures of blocks (and a lot of times things other then blocks) into my own blocks all the time. I figure out sizes, shapes, sewing order etc... for myself. That is my 2 cents worth anyway.
Originally Posted by waltonalice View Post
I have a question. I have been following this thread since it was started. I know that Bonnie has given us the pattern as a gift and has graciously praised the many variations that all of you have posted. Like many of you, I really needed a larger size. I really like many of the border variations that I’ve seen, as well as the change in color for the chevrons. I don’t want “to steal” anyone’s idea and will probably adapt what I can see to suit the size and outer color that I think will work best for me. I know that copyright doesn’t really apply, because I don’t think that anyone who has posted variations has thought to copyright her creativity. Nevertheless, generally speaking, do you think that we are free to adapt what has been posted, particularly if the quilts are for our personal use? For the En Provence, for example, I really loved the effect that several of you created by changing the yellow squares into HSTs with half yellow and the other lavender or purple. I had no hesitation about using that invention, but I hesitate to use one or more border ideas from this thread. Thoughts?
Old 02-10-2018, 06:52 AM

WaltonAlice, absolutely free to adopt/adapt, she has said it many times.
And as my growing top shows, they are just blocks, in use for 100's of years, and changing the colors or placement changes everything. As far as quilting goes, copyright refers to the directions.

looking forward to seeing your version!

my next frame has turned into a village and makes me laugh every time I add another house.
The idea comes from 2003 quilt sampler magazine, called little Prairie Houses
Attached Thumbnails little-prairie-houses-2003-quilt-sampler.jpg   next-border-frame.jpg  
Old 02-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

I can't imagine anyone worrying about you using an idea you have seen posted. After all, we post our pics to share ideas. Go for it! No worries.

Originally Posted by waltonalice View Post