Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-30-2017, 07:26 AM

:-) I don't have a pet peeve... Sometimes I just start thinking about something, then I blather. Sorry! :-)
Old 11-30-2017, 07:33 AM

I enjoy the guessing and the percentages, watching how close we are to the finish and such but I'll keep them to myself this year Everyone is different
Old 11-30-2017, 07:50 AM

I do remember back on Grand Illusion,on FB someone had posted directions when asked. She did not give the right directions, when several hundred peoples quilts did not come together right, they were going to sue BH for loss of time and money. That was when all the orders of not giving info except from her site started to appear. The quilt police on Facebook have gone way overboard about everything. It's not even fun on there anymore, I just look at the pictures and skip the talk.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:37 AM

Oh my, Windblown, I did not know that about GI. I'm actually surprised that Bonnie has continued MQs each year after a threat of being sued for someone else's mistake.

It just makes me glad that I'm not famous or have a big fan base!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:01 AM

I'm looking forward to the next clue! So far I'm being good and sticking to my plan on not starting another quilt while working on this one, but it's so hard when I've got days to go before the next clue is out!

I'm not going totally without sewing - but quilting with the LA is just not near as fun as sitting at my Juki and stitching. And I do love cutting fabric too.

I'm considering the MM Newyear's mystery, trying to rationalize that it's not going against my resolve not to start something new. Since technically I wouldn't start working on it until the 1st of 2018 even if I did precut some fabric to be ready.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'm looking forward to the next clue! So far I'm being good and sticking to my plan on not starting another quilt while working on this one, but it's so hard when I've got days to go before the next clue is out!

I'm not going totally without sewing - but quilting with the LA is just not near as fun as sitting at my Juki and stitching. And I do love cutting fabric too.

I'm considering the MM Newyear's mystery, trying to rationalize that it's not going against my resolve not to start something new. Since technically I wouldn't start working on it until the 1st of 2018 even if I did precut some fabric to be ready.
Do you hand stitch at all? Still sewing, you just don’t have to sit at the machine. You can watch/listen to tv or movie or just sit anywhere you want to!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh yes, they have all gone home. We had such a great time together. Haven’t done my clue yet! I got sidetracked making three children’s strip quilt from a drawer of scraps I found. And... I had another accident with the rotary cutter and cut off the tip of my left pinky! Got that all wrapped tight and I can sew again. Maybe I will get my clue 1 units made tomorrow.
Sewbizgirl, I think if it were me I would be asking Santa for a klutz glove for Christmas!! You definitely don't want to risk making it "3rd times the charm"
Old 11-30-2017, 10:51 AM

Sure glad there weren't more for this week. I might even finish the last 40 seams & sliver trimming on these before step 2 comes out tomorrow...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails step-1-nov.-30-2017-web-ready.jpg  
Old 11-30-2017, 10:55 AM

Yes, I did read BH blog this a.m. And your explanation of what happened on GI explains why...I think. I was sort of put off by the strict rules. I'm not going to FB, just posting here.

Sewbizgirl get well soon.

Marcia
Old 11-30-2017, 10:58 AM

NZQuilter - you have a very valid point. I've made most of my quilts by looking at a picture and figuring it out. Most of the time, the main reason I purchase a pattern is because I don't want to take the time to figure it out myself, not because I can't. And most of the time even if I buy a pattern, I end up not following it because I have other methods I prefer to use to make the units.

If I know the designer, I'll give credit when I share pictures, even if I didn't buy the pattern.