Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-03-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gagigi View Post
I ordered one today from Green Fairy. They have 23 left priced at $21.00 plus 3.95 shipping. Thanks for the heads up.
I just did the same thing
Old 11-03-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583338[/ATTACH]
Here's a photo of the fabrics I'm thinking about. I like them so I will probably go with them, for better or worse.

Hmmm, now I'm rethinking about the corners ruler...
I like your colors. I had thought of going with another colorway, but this is my first BH mystery so I am just following her color scheme. Next one I will do my way once I see what is all involved.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:05 PM

I've used Deb Tuckers Corner Pop ruler which I think is a similar idea to the folded corners ruler. With Deb's ruler you cut the base as a square and then trim off the corner with the ruler. This trimmed corner is then waste. But then what you sew onto that trimmed corner is a triangle. This triangle replaces the square with a line drawn in it. I think that's where the 'saving fabric comes in'. The second triangle is cut as a triangle, so you don't have the trimmings from that.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
I like your colors. I had thought of going with another colorway, but this is my first BH mystery so I am just following her color scheme. Next one I will do my way once I see what is all involved.
This is my third BH mystery and the first time to try something different.

Thanks tscweaves and Joe's Mom.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:20 PM

This is my third also, but I have always gone my own color way.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Hi everyone I'm going to be brave and try the new BH mystery. My first try was Grand Ill. which I hated at reveal time,so it is still siting there waiting to be delt with, probably cut down and new borders. I tried Allitari (sp) I love the colors but got ill and it is still waiting on me but I get excited and want to try the new one along with all of you.
I will go small this time, and brown and coral are so not my favorites. New colors to be shown when they get here I have to order online.
Thank you NZquilter for this new site.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=joe'smom;7937168]Carol, I like the textures in your foreground fabrics, except for that very dark background print in with the blues, which looks like it could a problem. Your foremost blue seems a bit dull for the rest of your fabrics, but mixed in in tiny amounts it might be fine.

Thanks Lisa for the suggestions - I agree that the light blue/aqua in front is a bit dull, but will wait and see how it works out. I love that darker print in the back, but may have to set it aside too.

And now I decided to order the Simply Folded Corner ruler too - thanks Gagigi for the site suggestion.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
What is everyone using for the Rulers Bonnie suggested? I have a easy angle/companion ruler combo, so I think that will replace her Essensial Triangle tool, but I was amazed at the price for the other ruler! I went ahead and bought it anyway, as Bonnie said she saved a lot of time and fabric with it, but wowzeer on the price! I didn't realize how much specialty rulers cost. There's my Christmas present for myself
Amen to that! Merry Christmas to me!!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:05 PM

Awesome collection, tscweaves
Old 11-04-2017, 04:25 AM

Sewbizgirl, I never thought of these colors as Midwest colors. I live in the east coast and see these colors almost everyday. But will admit these colors are often used on Native pottery as these are natural earth colors available for them to use. Funny how our minds often catoragize things. I love these colors no matter what category they are in😀