Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
That would have bee cool! Unfortunately (for me) I already cut all of my 2X5 coral rectangles.

The good news is that I did a test block with tris cut from the Easy Angle and got a good unit!

Thanks all!!
I had too, because I did my first half that way (adding the easy angle corners onto the rectangle and then trimming. I didn't like how the pressing distorted them, so I went back to the rest of the rectangles and cut them into parallelograms with the easy angle. In Macybaby's tute, I think it's the second picture where she shows this.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:25 PM

Here is the beginnings of my pieced back for ORL.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585320[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0301.jpg  
Old 12-13-2017, 07:08 PM

Nice. Has a period feel to the design. ❤️
Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 PM

SewBiz, that Brown was a SimplyColorful Mystery Quilt. Not sure it’s still available. I don’t make hard copies. I don’t think. But i’ll Check tomorrow when my brain cells are a bit closer to full power!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
GramE: Found you on Pinterest. I am now following you, too. There is more than one pat edginton there and I assumed you are the one with quilt boards and not Duck Dynasty quotes? Hope this is okay with you.
Yes, there are a few of us. Could be my MIL. My husband has a cousin with his name, well both after their grandpa.

And happy to have you following me. I usually just post what I’ve done so I can remember. And quilt block suggestions. Is Ilovetoquilt your handle on PInterest?
Old 12-13-2017, 07:59 PM

GramE: I’m following you also. Very nice blocks you’ve done.

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
GramE: Found you on Pinterest. I am now following you, too. There is more than one pat edginton there and I assumed you are the one with quilt boards and not Duck Dynasty quotes? Hope this is okay with you.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=kristijoy;7961623]I also caved and ordered the 'Folded Corner Ruler' from Bonnie. I used my Corner Pop for clue #3 and I can see that it's difficult to get accurate because it doesn't line up to the seam line. I studied Bonnie's pictures for the 'Folded Corner Ruler' and can see with the lines drawn on it and the direction it's used that it will create accurate cuts. The corner pop is cut from the other direction without a line on the seamline itself to help you line it up perfectly.

So...I decided a Christmas present to myself! And supporting Bonnie for all the work and effort she does to run this mystery. I bought: a Folded Corner Ruler, some Ruler Stickers, and the Seam Guide thing with the little holes in it! “

LOL! I caved too and bought the ruler. I’ve watched several of the videos on how to use it .. and keep reading how folks are using it and I think this won’t be a “one and done” type ruler. I think if I make myself use it , then I’ll be able to incorporate it with other patterns. Merry Christmas to me as well!
Old 12-14-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Great work, Theresa! I knew you could do it! For a beginner quilter you are very bold taking on such a challenging MQ. Which method did you end up using?
Thanks for the encouragement:-) As for method, it was a hodge-podge of pieces. I was trying everything, I had rectangles, squares, triangles, and parallelograms so I just grabbed what would work. What a mess! LOL But they are done and in the box!
Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 AM

Marcia, it was Doug Lenko, I saw him doing a demo at Cotton Corner and at the group lecture at the Blue Gate. He's like 22 and has had his own business since he was 14. An amazing young man! Here's his blog link: http://antlerquiltdesign.blogspot.com/ and this is the YouTube video for the ruler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0d2t354T4M
He really is an amazing person, his story is quite interesting. He came to do a class at a LQS a few years ago; they had to send somebody to pick him up at the airport as he wasn't old enough to rent a car! Great guy.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:07 AM

I see a lot of us are using similar prints Clue 3 almost done - a little measuring & sliver trimming. This may be the last clue I feel like I'm keeping up, but we shall see !! It will all get done in the end.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585338[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails step3-almost-done-web-ready.jpg