Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Congratulations,Donna!
    The purse is sewn so beautifully and I love the fabrics.

Now to get started on a hand quilting project! That one may take longer!!

Wildyard, no problem with how big it is, love to see the pics. :^) Vicky, that is such a bright and lovely quilt and I agree that the sashing really wows the quilt.

Banned
    Thank you all for the compliments. My daughter's friend wanted orange and purple. I used every shade I could find with orange but I thought it needed some greens as well. Except for the white all the colors are leftover scraps from a quilt I just quilted last night called Prism from the Fons and Porter magazine. I actaully finished the one from the leftovers before the original quilt. Funny how that worked out.

Banned
    Beautiful purse. Congrats on getting one UFO out of the way and a pretty bag to carry as well.

Picked up my top from the LA last night. Will put the binding on this morning, then take a pic, and that's my JAnuary UFO done and dusted. Then on to Febs.

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Picked up my top from the LA last night. Will put the binding on this morning, then take a pic, and that's my JAnuary UFO done and dusted. Then on to Febs.
    Yay!!!!!!!!!

Slight change of plan here, went looking for binding, whichI know is uostairs somewhere, spent 2 hours cleaning sewing room, still not located. Went out and bought more fabric to bind with.Will gt to it later today.Anyone want to bet I'll then find the missing binding??

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Slight change of plan here, went looking for binding, whichI know is uostairs somewhere, spent 2 hours cleaning sewing room, still not located. Went out and bought more fabric to bind with.Will gt to it later today.Anyone want to bet I'll then find the missing binding??
    Yep, and it will be in some really obvious place too. At least in my world that's what happens.

Well of course you will. As soon as you bought more, that was a given. Lol. Looking forward to pics!!

Blog Entries
    Everyone is doing so great, except me. I'm still not started. But, I did go to the quilt shop to buy a replacement ruler and did not buy any fabric-in spite of severe temptation, lol.

Maybe today, I'll get going on sewing those blocks together, for the first duvet cover side. I finally got the pattern for the other side yesterday.

Here's my first ufo finish for the year. Technically not all my finish, sent it to a LA, who did a wonderful job of it. First time I've sent one out, and certainly won't be the last.

Yvonnes wonderful quilting
    Name:  Attachment-165581.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  86.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

that looks like a fun quilt!!

QM
    That's a great scrappy quilt. I have not see spinning stars used that way before. I think I'll try it, with an ecen scrappier background.

Quote Originally Posted by QM
    That's a great scrappy quilt. I have not see spinning stars used that way before. I think I'll try it, with an ecen scrappier background.
    The secret is having the straight color for the star, I am thinking - - but, you are correct - - it is a GREAT scrappy quilt <wave>

great job well done, hats off to you.

QM
    I agree, a single star color is important on this quilt.

I finshed my only two actual ufo's today!!

now, don't get me wrong, I have 70+ "planned projects" but I only had these two cut and/or started.

I will try to finish one "planned project" a month for the rest of the year (more if they are some of the little ones!)

Here's Pics:

Turtle Quilt (Mine & My Nephew's Turtle Stuff) -- Quilted by Charismah
    Name:  Attachment-165835.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  145.7 KB

Close Up
    Name:  Attachment-165837.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  84.3 KB

With the backing
    Name:  Attachment-165843.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  67.9 KB

Silkies for the baby nephew
    Name:  Attachment-165845.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  48.1 KB

how many days 'til the end of month??? im not doing well at all lol. that is such a cute quilt. great job.

QM
    Jetnica, good for you.

I think I am ahead of the game. I've posted 3 newly completed UFOs this month. Of course, these were the 3 I had the least work to complete.

I spent today working on adding borders.. have the first two on, and then spent hourssssssss... sewing strips to make the scrappy border. I'm thinking there is a better way to do this. LOL... I can't imagine how long piano keys must take if scrappy is taking me this long.
    You need a lot of keys, strips, rectangles or squares to make a border long enough for a quilt that's full size or a little bigger.

QM
    You are certainly right there. I found it easier with a foundation. I have used both a slice of freezer paper and a strip of old sheet at various times. Regardless, it is much more time consuming to 'create' a fabric strip than merely to cut one.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    I spent today working on adding borders.. have the first two on, and then spent hourssssssss... sewing strips to make the scrappy border. I'm thinking there is a better way to do this. LOL... I can't imagine how long piano keys must take if scrappy is taking me this long.
    You need a lot of keys, strips, rectangles or squares to make a border long enough for a quilt that's full size or a little bigger.
    I don't know if you will find this helpful, but rather than cutting the strips to the size of your border, why not take all your longer strips, stitch them together in sets of six or twelve (or whatever number you like) and then cut them to the width you desire?
    If you know you are going to be using scraps for piano key borders, somewhere down the road, then make a special container for the pieces that you cut from other quilts as you go - - these pieces would become the leaders and enders between blocks on other projects ...
    I may be telling you something you have already considered, but if you need more information about these ideas, just ask away ....

most of my ideas come from:
    http://www.quiltville.com

<wave>

Oh, I'm in on this one! I need to finish a bunch of projects. This will force me to get them done.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast