Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Well, this probably doesn't count as far as the rules go ('ready to use'), but it counts as far as I'm concerned. I quilt by hand, not machine so it's going to be a while before they're 'ready to use'.

All I needed to do to finish these tops was add the borders.

Double Pinwheel
    Name:  Attachment-162942.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  104.1 KB

Churn Dash
    Name:  Attachment-162943.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  86.8 KB

Beautiful!!! LaurieE

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieE
    Well, this probably doesn't count as far as the rules go ('ready to use'), but it counts as far as I'm concerned. I quilt by hand, not machine so it's going to be a while before they're 'ready to use'.

All I needed to do to finish these tops was add the borders.
    Progress counts too!!!! Hugs and smiles, they are really lovely quilts!

I think the second picture looks better. I wish I was this far with my ufo's
    great going, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    I am making real progress on my first UFO, remember all I had was the strips cut... check this out! I have to decide which star to use...... I'm taking votes. LOL
    I like the 2nd one

I really like the star layout best!

great work everyone, keep it up.

Oh, I needed to tell you that I have to have someone else to do my guilting after I do the tops. So, it may take a little longer to complete with the binding sewn on. I do intend to try to get a top a month at least finished. I won't download a picture until the binding is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuitqueen
    WOW that is a beautifl potholder
    That's too pretty to use as a potholder. It should be displayed on the wall!
    I've got a feeling you ladies are talking about my pink miniature wall quilt (reverse applique). NO it is NOT a potholder. :shock: too many hours went into that project for a potholder. I plan to shadow frame it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judebug
    Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuitqueen
    WOW that is a beautifl potholder
    That's too pretty to use as a potholder. It should be displayed on the wall!
    I've got a feeling you ladies are talking about my pink miniature wall quilt (reverse applique). NO it is NOT a potholder. :shock: too many hours went into that project for a potholder. I plan to shadow frame it.
    Oh Good!

Finally finished one line on my long UFO list. First for January. 5 little dresses for Little Dresses for Africia. Now to mail them. I'm almost finished with a grandson's quilt. Just need to finish the FMQ.Yah! then I'll have another one for January!

dresses
    Name:  Attachment-163645.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  2.52 MB

I'm in! I have 20 tops completed that have been sleeping in a drawer...this may be the way to give them a voice!

Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie
    I'm in! I have 20 tops completed that have been sleeping in a drawer...this may be the way to give them a voice!

Anna
    www.wooliemammoth.blogspot.com
    OMG! when I read "drawer" in your post I realized I have 1 (or maybe 3) tucked in a drawer that I did years ago & just keep forgetting about! I better pull them out this morning or they'll sit there another few years. :lol:

I'm still working on a UFO from H___.
    Every time I touch it something seams to go wrong. Sewed three rows together last night and ripped out two this morning. This was a "fun and done" pattern :lol: that has not been fun and is not done. :-( It is going to be one row shorter than planned so I can finish and be onto the next UFO. Will post when finished.

Banned
    I'd love to join. In fact I just finished one this week. Can I count it for January? I was working on it for an internet friend of my daughters and he was scheduled to come meet us in person this past weekend. Had to finally make myself get busy and "get er done". Finished the morning he arrived.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Love the little dresses. I did Aprons for Africia and it was such fun The dresses are so much cuter.

Here is the center section of my DGS's orange stars quilt. It's not all sewn together yet, but the first 4 rows are sewn together across. I see that I need to reverse one section as two of the squares are too much alike on the upper right.
    Next will come a 3" orange border, then a 1 1/2 or 2" black border, then a 4" pieced with all the fabrics border, then finally bound in black, if I have enough. The backing will be orange fleece.

this is all of the center section
    Name:  Attachment-164463.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  74.0 KB

Dang, I didn't know it would be so big, sorry all.

zhillslady, Yours is one awesome quilt. I love the sashing, that is what really makes it. WELL DONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    I'd love to join. In fact I just finished one this week. Can I count it for January? I was working on it for an internet friend of my daughters and he was scheduled to come meet us in person this past weekend. Had to finally make myself get busy and "get er done". Finished the morning he arrived.
    Welcome aboard. Sounds to me that it should count for Jan. It is finished and it is lovely and colorful. What pattern did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    Beautiful quilt and beautiful avatar quilt! I like your style :thumbup:

Sounds like everyone is going great so far! I'm almost done with the applique for my UFO. Yesterday I wanted to start a new project and I heard DH's voice in my head asking me if I should be working on a UFO instead, grr! 3 bits of applique, 1 already done. Then 4 seams, and voila, quilt top 6 years in the making! :D

Keep up the good work everyone!

You guys are doing great with your UFO's, I should be so lucky. I have'nt been able to go to quilt class for 2 weeks and need to layer a quilt top there so I can finish one----------how many more weeks do we have?? Something always comes up. dang me. life just gets in the way.

Banned
    Welcome aboard. Sounds to me that it should count for Jan. It is finished and it is lovely and colorful. What pattern did you use?[/quote]

It's a pattern called Slide Show. I don't recall off the top of my head who it's by but it's one of the ones that is a single pattern in the little zip lock bags rather than a big book.

Wow I finally got my winter purse done! It has been staring at me since October!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast