Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM

QM you are an inspiration ta us all!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Thank you all. I have to do three more by end of month so I stay at my 10 per month. I almost have the fall dresdan plate blocks done. I am not going to make these into a quilt but use for the fall fantasy swap. Those will be number 8. My delectible mountain quilt I will do this weekend, so that will be nine, but what for #10. If I get this 30s quilt assembled, can make that 10 and quilt it on Sunday or if I get this coat I started finished can count that. I have the binding to do and the sleeves to put in. Do I know how? That is the harder question. I have done vests before, but not coats. Will keep you posted for sure.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Thank you all. I have to do three more by end of month so I stay at my 10 per month.
Ok...what's your secrect? We know you work all the time and you quilt all the time. So you don't eat or sleep? Are you secrectly a super hero? We won't tell anyone.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 PM

My secret is this wonderful DH who allows me to be OCD with my quilting. The kids help with the housework, the DH and kids cook meals, and I am on diet so that makes it even easier for them. i have the Gammill in my garage so can get them quilted. the garden is growing, may have to get out there again and get it tilled before everything takes over the empty ground and i have to pull them by hand. I am really trying hard to stay focused this time on the projects. It is getting rougher because most of them now need all the pieces sewn into blocks then assembled so it is slowing me down just a bit. I do have approximately 10 or so table runners yet to do, but the rest of them are full to king size quilts. The nice thing is that nearly 45 of them are cut up so just have to piece. I am held up just a bit because I have to make some class samples for teaching this fall and winter. My first one is not perfect on that yucky binding which you know I can't stand. Also, I have a few quilts on the hanger that are at least 15-30 hours of quilting each. I say that only because I will be doing total custom on them for the upcoming quilt shows. The hardest part will be the precision for them. If I could afford the nice new extension plate that is larger than what I have, it would be even sweeter but it $200 and I have no loose change because of all the ufos being done. Hopefully I get in a couple really good paying customers so I can earn it. Well, back to work. I have to put on that pink cape so I can fly thru my projects again. And yes I sleep, if I didn't you would not like me at all.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Looks like you all have been busy. I have so many UFO's. I'm going to jump in here for August and try to get one done. Really glad I found this thread.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 AM

Welcome, Gena.
Just hop aboard the UFO train and in no time at all we'll be ringing the bell and blowing the whistle for you.
Looking forward to seeing your projects.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:22 AM

Hello sewhappy, glad to have you on board. Remember once in awhile we join in at the club car and have ourselves some iced tea so feel free to join in that.

Here are couple more finishes. This puts me at 70 for year done. I am working on the wallhanging that has been a thorn in my side long enough. I have procrastinated way to long on just quilting it and is on longarm as I speak half done. Did not have a ruler wide enough to do the design idea I had and then the compass thing did not work. Then the 1/4 plate thing did not work either. What gives so ditched that idea and went with another, flames in all four corners with flame feathers. Yep, interesting for sure and hopefully will look cool when done. Will post tomorrow if I get it done tonight. had company this weekend and went to barbque so took some time to enjoy self and did not get much sleep for whatever reason. Going to set mind to get it done. Also, working on a chair I needed to refinish for six years now. I do have it sanded, stained, and coated. It is drying right now, have had the fabric for the seven years, and then found the batting and such last fall. Yep, going to get it done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]352419[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352423[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails coat.jpg   inside-coat.jpg   fabric-baskets.jpg   del-mtns-work-.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM

Ringing the bells again, QM. 70 projects finished this year and you still have 5 months to go. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Great finishes.
The jacket is awesome!
Glad you took time to enjoy your company and the barbeque. (DH's Grandma always called it barbe-chew!)
We don't want you to get quilter burnout!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM

I am so looking forward to next year when i can start a new project besides doing the swaps. I think, unless it is a really good swap, I will hold off on any new ones so I can finish up my goal for year. At least for the ones I have done, I have new projects to work on YEAH!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I think, unless it is a really good swap, I will hold off on any new ones so I can finish up my goal for year.
so if we repeated the quilt for quilters swap, you might participate? ;-)

Hey, how many UFOs did you remove from your list due to that swap? :-)