Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    That tablerunner is cool. Love it. Great job on getting them done. So glad they beat the new deadline that was set for them. (LOL)

Judith1005, thanks for the well wishes. I am still dealing with them and now the left arm is numb, cramps in left leg, and the surgery foot from last August is acting up, but my will power is still pushing thru. i am so close to reaching my goal for this month that I just can't give up. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, just wait and see. I still have 12 more days to reach the 10. If all my bindings get done that I have quilted, I will be doing excellent. I have two completed, will post photos when i get camera and computer together. The two keep running in different directions ya know, how do they get legs?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Oh my goodness, my group would think me sane compared to your small pieces Mary. So pretty and thanks for sharing with us.
    Hey Sherry, love the avatar.
    Thanks QuilterMomma - that little guy with me is my grandson, that was the first time I got to hold him and he probably weighed about 2 pounds 8 ounces in that pic. He weighed 1 pound 4 ounces when he was born so he looked pretty big to us in that photo. He is over 10 pounds now and is almost 8 months old (5 months from his due date) and doing GREAT! I really should change my picture, but it is one of my favorites.
    Sherry

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries
    I would not change it unless you get to have a new one. that is a special little guy.

Blog Entries
    Great finishes folks!
    quiltmore--the rectangular block pink and gray is intriguing; great color combo in the brown and blue.
    Mary-your Irish chain's just wonderful-I've been waiting to see it done.
    everose--your pastel table runner is so springlike and right on target for the season.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Everose, I would love to see your table runner laid out on a table. It is really cool with the touch of rickrack.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Hey Ya'll I'm back. I was only home from my retreat 2 days when my DMIL went to the hospital. She's home now & boy am I glad!
    At the retreat I did get my DGSon's Solar System Quilt quilted, but there are about 10 little spots that have eyelashes. I've got to fix those small spots. This week I'm working om my Pony Club blocks & next week I'll do these little repairs & bind it to finish my first UFO for this year! I will finish it...I will finish it...I will finish it!!!
    I have looked back to see what Ya'll have been doing while I was out of pocket. WOW! A bunch of great finishes!
    Awesome! I can't wait to add mine.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hello ckcowl, A little off subject. I am a new kid on the block and felt a twinge of sisterhood when I saw your location, the number of posts - impressive - and a 100% feedback score. So I feel safe in asking you (and all the other quilters out there) I understand location and posts, but how does the feedback score work? Bless this day and all quilters!
    Marlena

Blog Entries
    When you buy or trade her on the board people you trade or buy from can leave a feedback score for you. It's at your profile section. For example, I was involved with the doll quilt swap and my partner and I left a feedback score for each other. You can view these in my profile section if you want to see the examples of what people say. It gives you a good reputation when you complete your obligations in a timely fashion.

But, there are a lot of people who do leave feedback scores and there are a lot of people who don't.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Just checking in while I'm away in Ohio. Having a great time with the grandkids but I did manage to break a bone in my right foot when I kicked the table leg while carrying a load of laundry that blocked my view of where my feet were going. Fortunately, I think I will still be able to sew with the hard shoe on to protect the broken area. Lol, I have so much luck!
    Keep up the good work, great sewing all.
    Hugs and smiles
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    oh Wildyard, that sounds like something I would do. I am a HUGHE klutz. It's down right embarrising. lol Good luck with the foot. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Blog Entries
    Greetings ladies!!! SandyinZ4 - I will take a picture of the tablerunner on a our dining room table as soon as I find it. It is my sewing table now.

I had a good discount coupon for Hancock Fabrics and got a bag of fusible batting. Well, I haven't worked with it before but a number of people in the quilt group that I belong to has. So what the heck - got the biggest bag I could. Put one of my toddler quilts on it today. WOW does it work nice. Will be able to get 5 projects done with this one bag. Now I have to get a walking foot for my Bernette and I'm in business. These UFO's will get done finally. Not good with free motion and have been practicing, but I'm SID on these. Will give them to the reservation for kids there.

Now I can't wait to see what other UFO's I've hidden away and collecting big discount coupons.

Wildyard - I'm so sorry about your foot! My prayers are with you!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Been away for a time and the bells have been ringing all that time.
    Congrats to all of you that made progress on, or finished projects.

Welcome to the UFO train,Quiltmore. You've been making good progress with 3 FOs in 3 months.
    Joe looks like a great quilting buddy.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Sorry about your foot Wildyard. Maybe you can learn to sew with the other foot if the boot is too clunky.
    I have been busy with a tutorial on another site and have kept up so far. I also have a 4patch posie ready to quilt and a BOM top ready to quilt. I am trying to decide whether to add a border to a wallhanging that I added continuous prairie pts to.Name:  Tea Time and Prairie Pts 005.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  392.3 KBIt's about 17 " wide. What do you think?
    Every day's a blessing.

Very cute!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

[QUOTE=BarbEllen;5086655 I am trying to decide whether to add a border to a wallhanging that I added continuous prairie pts to.[It's about 17 " wide. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I would another border, maybe cut about 2.5 inches wide.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Cool March UFO's

I would like to take on this challenge for March .. I know exactly where this UFO is ...Is there room for me too? Do you complete one each month? or just what you can?

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Last edited by judy363905; 03-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    barbellen, add the other border as said about 2.5", will make those points show up better and add a bit more dimension to the hanging and you will like it so much better. Be ready for posting, I will take some photos of my projects and get them on here tomorrow. i have binding to get done first, ugh. I have to figure out what color of binding to do on the bargello one. Nice job gals, and welcome aboard this fun challenge train. I am enjoying it and love seeing all the gorgeous quilts being done. Great job!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    I would like to take on this challenge for March .. I know exactly where this UFO is ...Is there room for me too? Do you complete one each month? or just what you can?

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Welcome Judy! There is always room for one more person on this UFO train! We have no set rules. Just complete your UFO's and post pictures. Some are trying to do onea month and others, liek me...just post one when we get it finished. Whatever you can do...will make one less UFO and one more compelted project. Glad you joined us.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Well ladies, I guess it was meant to be. Took a one of my machines over to have a "spring" cleaning and got my other one upstairs. Was going to finish this UFO tonight - just needed to machine the binding on. It is now broke down and the repair man is out of town this week. So I guess I have to do paperwork. Darn.

I can lay out one of the many tops that I have made and sandwich the batting and back but that will be it until the machines are back.

Happy sewing to the rest of you.

Woo Hoo! I have just finished my March UFO. It has just been lurking in my closet waiting to be put together. It was actually a challenge....my sister, who quilts also, moved to AZ some time back and to keep her as a quilting buddy long distance.....we set up a challenge between us. I challenged her to this one 2 years ago.....and then life just got in my way. I'm adding a close up....I'm never sure how a full view will look. Oh, and yes, that is my new quilting partner on the quilt.....Roxy, my sidekick. Roxy thinks every quilt I make should be hers!

Name:  Mason Jar Quilt 011.jpg
Views: 5522
Size:  1.79 MBName:  Mason Jar Quilt 018.jpg
Views: 10375
Size:  1.72 MB
    Last edited by Nanachar; 03-26-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nanachar, Awesome quilt. I love the food theme. Pretty fabrics. Roxie is adorable. I have a snowy baby at home that looks like your Roxie. They would make great quilt hoarders don't you think. If we would let them. lol

Thanks. I'll add a border and keep you posted. It will be a busy week for me so don't know if it will get done this week.
    Every day's a blessing.

Nanachar your canning jar quilt is great. Love the borders. Did your sis get herrs done too?
    Every day's a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbEllen View Post
    Nanachar your canning jar quilt is great. Love the borders. Did your sis get herrs done too?
    No, my sister hasn't finished hers' yet.....I hope she does soon.....it's always fun to see how alike or very different our quilts are. The challenge was: You had to draft your own pattern, so the jars could be any size you want.....the only catch was they had to be filled with fruits and vegies, so I sent my sister 6 fabrics to get her started.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast