Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Quilter Momma, Awesome finishes!! My son would love the last outdoors quilt you posted. I love the fabric you used. Your sunbonnet sues, too cute! My mom has one of those I'm going to help her finish made out of all the dresses she made for my daughter. Should be fun. I also think the western one is spectacular. Awesome piecing. Thos are just the favorites. They are all great.

Gotta go. I am going to work on another UFO. My list is getting shorter and shorter. Then I can go help my mom with hers. I think she has about 5. Yep, thats it. But, they are old. I am helpiing with the quilting ones. She has to do the cross stitch ones. She has about 4 of those. I really don't care for cross sitch. I'm more of an instant gratification person. And they have tons of patience for the day by day growth. lol

Yall have a great day!! I'm loving everyones finishes. So much inspiration. Lot's of bell chiming going on here. Yes, we got the party going on. See you soon!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries

#13 finish for March

I am stumped a bit. I can't finish anymore for March because i have to get my class samples for teaching done by Monday. So have to muster thru those. I have another two ready to just be quilted. May add those to the April list. So excited. To bad these class samples are not on the UFO list, would have four more finishes to add to my already growing pile. Actually one is, the One Fabric Wonder quilt, but not sure I could get that done by Monday. Hmmm, I am OCD and as you notice from my avatar I have changed to, I am a squirrel on coffee. Oooo lets get r done.

I bought this panel about three years ago at Buggy Barn and just loved it. Yes, was on the sale rack and I had gotten one of the blocks in their grab bags ($5 for about two yards of scraps) so added the brown border that I bought about the same time to finish it and then quilted the panels as if they were applique and then did background fills. The sashes are feathers and the border did some ruler work. Have to practice some time and love how that border just makes the panels pop. Love my new longarm. I think I just may have to finally get to that Delectible Mountain this month. I have the ideas, now to get the courage to get it done. Yes it has sat there way to long and if it is not perfect, at least it will be done right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Great Oak Leaves and Acorns! OK, I have to admit I'm checking out your long arm quilting, since you said you are fairly new to it.......I say.....you go girl.......The quilting on this looks great. What long arm are you using? I have been shopping them a bit, but I don't know anyone who has used a long arm.

Charlene

Blog Entries
    Mine is a Gammill. I started on an old 1992 Nolting which had limited quilting space. I just recently upgraded to the Gammill and found a great improvement on my longarm quilting. I now get to use rulers and many more pantos. If you are shopping, and this is your first machine, be sure to get a dealer in your area if possible who can help you learn to use it. I just jumped right in and learned as I went. I picked up a couple of habits that are not real smart but have since modified and much better results. The MQX is in your area in April. That is where I would go to see the vendors and try out every one of them to see what fits you better. Also, you may get a great deal there. Both of the ones I have purchased are used which made them affordable for me. Another thing is watch Linda Taylor on The Quilting School.com She has some free videos on what to think about when buying and how to set one up. You may want to inform yourself beforehand. Also, what I did, is the LQS near me has where you can rent the longarm machine. This is a benefit because you get classes as you learn to use the longarm. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    So do you think my Avatar matches my OCD?

QMomma- I'd say yes!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Here is another question. I know I am working so hard on finishing UFOs, do I still get to do the swaps? If I do not make the swap quilts when they come in, they become UFOs, then that adds to my total right? This could be a bad thing. I am not sure I could keep up with 10 UFOs and then add new ones in. I want to do the swaps that I like. Oh help me calm down from my panic.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Mariposa, I thought it fit with my OCD right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    QMomma- I'd say yes!

Blog Entries
    @QuilterMomma: You are plugging right along. Keep up the great work!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Thanks QuilterMomma for the useful info!

Charlene

QuilterMomma you put me to shame and intimidate me some. Great quilts & quilting. I have been involved in several BOM and QAs so have been building up my UFO stash (lol).
    I finished the wallhanging with the prairie points and did add a border. Those prairie points were done as a continuous strip so weren't as tedious as doing them one at a time. Just google continuous prairie points and there are a couple of different free patterns if you are interested.
    Every day's a blessing.

Blog Entries
    I do not mean to intimidate anyone by any means. I am somewhat embarrased by the status I am in with so many quilts undone. Like I have stated, I am OCD and when I set my mind to do something, well these are the results. I love quilting and it is something I can do and no one tells me how. There just has to be an end to things being undone in my life and one of those things is my unfinished projects. Completing the old projects will let me start new ones that are more intense and show quilts. Hopefully out of all these I am doing, I will get a couple I can put in a show and the rest will sell or find good homes. Please do not be intimidated by my overachieving. I am in a contest with a quilt store as well to get the most UFOs done in a month. My OCD says I need to win for the year and each month. I would only hope my finishes would encourage you to get one a done as this thread's goal is. That being said BarbEllen Great job on finishing the wallhanging. I do like those prairie points. Prairie points are not something I have tried so there is something new for me to do with a quilt in my pile to dress it up and add something to it.

QMomma-- Kudos to you for finishing up so many UFO's! Such motivation for us! I just last week finished up 3 small projects, and am pressing onward!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Bells are ringing, and it is not Christmas time. It may feel like it with the yucky weather, but spring is on its way so let us all spring forward.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if these are UFO's or WIP's, but I finally got 8 mini's registered for AAQI tonight. I started many of them last summer so I guess they are UFO's!! Rather than duplicate pics you can see them here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...i-t184391.html
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    I was just admiring those over in Pictures section.
    Beautiful minis and for a great cause.
    Good work.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

lauriejo, you won't believe it but I am actually in Cuyahoga Falls also. My daughter lives here. I will send you a PM.
    oksewglad, love your tiny 9patch. It is adorable!!! I am amazed how some of you can sew these little bitty quilts.
    great job on all the finishes UFOers!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks ranger and Linda. The 9P is a favorite of mine too.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Oksewglad, those are amazing. Those take as much time to put together as a lap quilt. So intense. You did some beautiful pieces there. Great Job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Oksewglad, those are amazing. Those take as much time to put together as a lap quilt. So intense. You did some beautiful pieces there. Great Job!
    Thanks! I timed how long it took me to do this 8 x 11 mini; 5 1/2 hours before hand stitching the binding on. Many of the others took a lot more time

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

osewglad: Another great quilt. I love the scrappy look. And yes those minis do take a long time but not much fabric!!!
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almond View Post
    osewglad: Another great quilt. I love the scrappy look. And yes those minis do take a long time but not much fabric!!!
    Thanks, Mary. No not much fabric, but wow the proportion of seam allowance to finished width is 2:1!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Thanks, Mary. No not much fabric, but wow the proportion of seam allowance to finished width is 2:1!
    That's a lot of seam allowances!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Round Robin UFO

We did a round robin last year in quilt club. I just got it quilted and bound this week. I did the middle block and 4 others did the borders. Really pleased with the way it turned out! I believe this makes my 5th UFO for the year completed!

Name:  P3310162.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  198.5 KB
    Mary

Blog Entries
    WOW, that is gorgeous Almond. Great job on your finish. I love round robins. I have yet to finish. i did two last year and the one is for my daughter so got to ger r done. You have a wonderful treasure there.

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast