Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    @Almond: That is beautiful. Love the colors!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Another UFO done

This is another UFO I completed this week. I have worked on this quilt about 6 years. I used it for a travel project. I would cut out the pieces at home and would work on the blocks at retreats or sew overs at friends houses. It measures 64" x 80". It is a sampler quilt called " From my heart to your hands" by Lori Smith.

Name:  P3310160.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  184.4 KB
    Mary

Almond;wow! They are lovely! Ring the bells!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Almond, those are beautiful quilts. Ring the bell and blow the whistle twice for you.

It's tricky doing round robins. You're never quite sure how the quilt will turn out. That's the surprise of it, I guess.
    I have to say that this is one turned out fantastic.

I love the sampler. Green and blue together have always appealed to me and you did a great job with this one.

Congrats on both finishes.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Another success. AWESOME ALMOND! Love that quilt.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Almond, They are awesome. I too love the blue and green colors together. Your round robin quilt came out awesome. Your group really let your center block shine. Aw, the lovely bells ringing for you are making sweet music.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries

finally finished my oldest UFO---

I am so happy i finally finished this quilt---it was the oldest of my 'current' UFO's---started out as a BOM 10 years ago- i made all of the blocks- then (messed up) cut fabrics to start putting it together---and a month later received a finishing kit i was not expecting- i felt i had really messed everything up & set it aside- by then i had plenty of other projects going on-
    over the years i have almost sent the blocks away a couple times- then decided to keep them- just in case i ever got around to finishing it up---i would get it out & look at it- admire the fabrics & the blocks---which i did not do too good at showing well in the pictures-sorry- good thing i'm a better quilter than photographer-
    anyway- another (reason-excuse) was i didn't know what i would do with it when it was done----florals really don't (work) in our world---
    finally decided it would be perfect for a favorite Aunt- and finished it up! yea! i am going to give it to her for mother's day-
    she is going to be soooo surprised!

anyhow- yea- another UFO out of my sewing room!!!
    now my oldest one is about 8 or 9 years old---and i guess one of these day's i'm going to have to sit down & start working on it again- ...
    i really screwed up with the pics----there are 12 blocks- not 9---but you get the *jest* of it & i showed the back/quilting but i don't know how well that will show up- sometimes pics turn out better on here than i expect-
    Attached Images Attached Images

hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    I am so happy i finally finished this quilt---it was the oldest of my 'current' UFO's---started out as a BOM 10 years ago- i made all of the blocks- then (messed up) cut fabrics to start putting it together---and a month later received a finishing kit i was not expecting- i felt i had really messed everything up & set it aside- by then i had plenty of other projects going on-
    over the years i have almost sent the blocks away a couple times- then decided to keep them- just in case i ever got around to finishing it up---i would get it out & look at it- admire the fabrics & the blocks---which i did not do too good at showing well in the pictures-sorry- good thing i'm a better quilter than photographer-
    anyway- another (reason-excuse) was i didn't know what i would do with it when it was done----florals really don't (work) in our world---
    finally decided it would be perfect for a favorite Aunt- and finished it up! yea! i am going to give it to her for mother's day-
    she is going to be soooo surprised!

anyhow- yea- another UFO out of my sewing room!!!
    now my oldest one is about 8 or 9 years old---and i guess one of these day's i'm going to have to sit down & start working on it again- ...
    i really screwed up with the pics----there are 12 blocks- not 9---but you get the *jest* of it & i showed the back/quilting but i don't know how well that will show up- sometimes pics turn out better on here than i expect-
    It is beautiful.
    You may have screwed up with some things but this quilt looks fantastic.
    The colors are great and I like the zigzag red.
    Congrats on finishing it.
    I
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally finished for daughter after over 2 yrs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorcmm View Post
    finally finished for daughter after over 2 yrs.
    Ringing the bell for inspectorcmm.
    Just looked at your quilt over in Pictures section.
    It is beautiful! I like the different size blocks.....it adds interest.
    I also like the Prairie Points border. It mimics the points in the blooms and adds cohesiveness (is that a word?) and extra punch to the quilt.
    You did a great job with this.
    ranger

ckcowl & inspectorcmm; Wow great finishes!
    ckcowl - Your colors are great. That maroon just pops & adds that wow factor!
    inspectorcmm - I love your sunflowers. Are those carpenter wheels forming the peddles?
    Ring the bells & sing the songs!
    "And another ones down...and another ones down...and another one bites the dust!...."
    Bev

Blog Entries
    All i can say is wow!!!!!!!!

Almond, ckcowl, inspectorcmm, Congratulations on your finished quilts. They are all beautiful!

Charlene

Blog Entries
    It is such a nice way to start a new week and month by looking at the newest finished projects. Great going and congrats to all of you!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Great finishes all! Keep it up.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Blog Entries
    Such lovely finishes! Great job you guys.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    I will finally finish assembling a couple of tops, just have zinger and borders on two of them, will hopefully get quilted this weekend even though it is Easter and I get the priviledge of cooking. Family just might not let me get any pans this holiday so i do not cut my finger off like last holiday meal. They are tired of me being in the er room on the holiday. I should be good though. Will show pics on Monday if get done.

Blog Entries
    Gladie, you do such beautiful work, and for such a good cause. Keep up the good work. They are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I will finally finish assembling a couple of tops, just have zinger and borders on two of them, will hopefully get quilted this weekend even though it is Easter and I get the priviledge of cooking. Family just might not let me get any pans this holiday so i do not cut my finger off like last holiday meal. They are tired of me being in the er room on the holiday. I should be good though. Will show pics on Monday if get done.
    On no! How did ya cut it????
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Didn't get any of my UFO's done this, life got a hold of me and didn't let go. So will try to catch up this month.

Just a panel that I did custom freehand quilting on, but at least it's finished and bound, ready for charity! Name:  Pooh and Friends charity 003.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  355.4 KB
    Oops! Sorry so big!

Blog Entries
    That is a gorgeous pooh quilt. I like your FMQ, you did a nice job. It is fun to just doodle instead of always having to stay to a certain plan. I like it.

I cut it with the food slicing blade that was hiding in the pans. In fact, daughter called from college and asked her dad if I was cooking, and he said he has moved all the sharp objects out of my way. Oh, just got to love them right?

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    That is a gorgeous pooh quilt. I like your FMQ, you did a nice job. It is fun to just doodle instead of always having to stay to a certain plan. I like it.

I cut it with the food slicing blade that was hiding in the pans. In fact, daughter called from college and asked her dad if I was cooking, and he said he has moved all the sharp objects out of my way. Oh, just got to love them right?
    Ouch! My DD did this when she was in college.( 7 yrs ago) We found out after the fact.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSquare View Post
    Just a panel that I did custom freehand quilting on, but at least it's finished and bound, ready for charity! Name:  Pooh and Friends charity 003.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  355.4 KB
    Oops! Sorry so big!
    Darling! Great Quilting!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Love the Pooh finish! If momma hadn't raised me right and it wasn't going to charity...I'd beg for it!
    Fraew

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast