Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Here is a wallhanging I finished. i embroidered it last year and put together but never finished it. Was playing on my longarm.
You do beautiful work.
Your wall hanging is so pretty and the quilting is awesome!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Quilter Momma, Nice finish. I haven't finished anything in awhile. I've been packing and moving and trying to keep up with my swaps. I still have to go back and drool over all the finished projects again. I like to fully enjoy the inspiration. The bell is chiming for you.

But, I am very happy to say I too finally have a finish. I started a bunch of needlebooks when I joined the needlebook swap. It was definitely one of those "over achiever" moments. They were fun and cute as the dickens. But, very time consuming. And, of course, the perfectionist in me, wouldn't let it go. So, lol, they are finished. Or at least all the ones I had cut out. To date, I've made, 6 momma turtles and 5 baby turtles. And, one momma and one baby that were proto types that didn't quilt make it to the finish line. But, I learned all my mistakes on them.

So, great job everyone. I've enjoyed looking at all your finished projects. Lot's and lot's of inspiration. And, of course a lot of add on's to my bucket list. (I hear lot's of chiming.)
The bell is ringing for you.
Your turtles are so cute.
Great fabric choices.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i'm sort of behind on finishing a ufo for february-although i did manage to finish 2 tops- i am waiting for the backing to arrive-had to order- and it is not here yet---i am quickly running out of month- but it does mean i (should) have 2 or 3 at least finished in March-so i guess that sort of makes up for it- i am working hard to (stay on track) finishing UFO's and working completely out of my stash - with purchases being only backings----i do have a large stash but am reaching the point where i do not have (yardage)---mostly smaller pieces to work with- so it is becoming more and more of a challenge- but a challenge i am so far up for....and my UFO stacks are shrinking too---except for the stacks of tops under the quilting machine...i need to more from the sewing room to the quilting room soon

Congrats on getting the tops done.
Yes, the month is coming to a close.
I think the main goal is to keep working on our UFOs.
Although it's called Challenge of the Month,....for me.....I feel the excitement and
accomplishment when any one of us finishes a UFO
even if it isn't finished the same month it was started.
Posting and reading these posts just gives me the
encouragement to keep moving along.
Working from your stash does present an extra challenge when you are low on yardage.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
mimiknoxtaylor, where did you get your patterns from? I could use those to finish my SILs quilt that needs to be done in March for his birthday. I have only been working on it for nearly two years. It is a western theme quilt and I could sure use your patternsto finish it. It is so adorable. His will be more grown up on fabric, but those are nice blocks.
The cowboy quilt pattern is from Quick & Easy Quilting Mag, Vol 18, page 18 in 1996. The name of the pattern is "Home on the Range". It's PP & the pattern is for a small wall hanging (14"x 14") but I enlarged it several times.
I don't even know if I still have the mag. My quilt is about 50"x 50" and really the only thing I used from the pattern were the PP blocks.
PM me if you need further info.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:33 PM

QuilterMomma, I love your quilt!

Judith 1005, Those turtles are just adorable!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM

All the done projects over the last three or four pages are great! Good job everyone.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:48 AM

I am going to look thru my magazines and see if I have that volume. I have so many not sure if I have that one, but won't hurt to look. Will let you know.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM

Hey Ya'll - I'm so excited! I went to a FMQ class today. I did really good! I think that I'll be able to get my DGS's Solar System quilt done soon!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Yeah! I got my first UFO finished.....what a great feeling it is! I started this quilt probably about 5 years ago! I know....it is a very long time ago! But the "Tropical Quilt" is finished. Now onto the next UFO for March.

Charlene[ATTACH=CONFIG]315997[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tropical-quilt-006.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 PM

Hooray! Ring the bells! Sing the song! ...And another one's down...and another one's down...and another one bite's the dust!
Darlin' quilt! I love the waves the best! It looks so inviting!

PS My son & his wife played this song at their wedding as they walked back down the aisle arm & arm as man & wife.