Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Appliances on the Counter >

Appliances on the Counter

Appliances on the Counter

Old 06-30-2017, 04:22 AM

We have a coffee pot, toaster oven and a Kuerig coffee pot. Use our toaster oven constantly, can't live without it.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:31 AM

Only the appliances we use every day... Coffee Pot and toaster... The toaster gets put away when we host a buffet style meal, so we can use that area for serving. (Besides, it's stainless steel, and impossible to get all the fingerprints off...)
Old 06-30-2017, 04:49 AM

Coffee pot, mixer on stand (covered) and toaster oven.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:35 AM

In the kitchen, I have a microwave, toaster, pasta maker and bread maker. I bought the bread maker for my husband when he got into making bread years ago. I think it's been used once. I have a lot of counter top space so the bread maker and pasta maker are there even though I rarely use them. I also have a coffee maker in the wet bar off the breakfast room.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

I never understood the clear counter tops phenomenon. What are they there for? I have absolutely about 4.5 feet of working counter top chopped up with a stove and sink area, so not a lot of working space and two corner areas. It is a small kitchen and I make it work. Toaster in one corner, tin bread box in the other and a canister set next to that. I also have an old silver plate coffee server that I keep my wooden spoons in. My whole kitchen is about 9' x 10' and most of that floor space is taken up by three lower cabinets, stove, dishwasher and fridge.

The biggest thing that bothers me about modern kitchens is there is no space around the stove which is the dirtiest place in the kitchen. You can't clean the sides of the stove. Anything that goes into those cracks on each side, stays there. Just one of my peeves. Who designs kitchens this way?

And no pantries, one of the most important things in a house. Where did they go?

Old 06-30-2017, 06:13 AM

microwave and toaster. Small kitchen. I make coffee in a Melitta or a french press. I have a coffee grinder and a small food processor, kept under the sink.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:22 AM

I, like ube quilting, have limited counter space, but have 4 cup coffe maker, cute 4 piece barn canister set, toaster, bread box and small crock that holds wooden spoons and quick grab tools for cooking. Prepping is done on plexi cutting boards- easy to wash- in front of these " things. Big appliances like crockpots, air fryer, pressure cooker are on shelves in laundry room. When we moved to this house from old farm house with pantry, I was lost...where to put everything that should be in kitchen.....food/dishes/pots & pans! At the end of one wall of cabinets there was just enough room to buy a "cabinet pantry" - oak, like cabinets....that helped and now there is room for things I use in my "working" kitchen.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:42 AM

Coffee pot, stand mixer and toaster oven. This house has the least amount of counter space of all the houses I've lived in and it drives me nuts. The future retirement house has to have the big old country kitchen.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by anne2016 View Post
Microwave, electric kettle, toaster.
ditto. stuff needs to earn its keep here, otherwise it is clutter.
When I worked through FlyLady, her rule of thumb was it needs to be used 4 times a week to earn counter space.
I've come to agree with her
Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 AM

I have a very small kitchen, so only the coffee maker and toaster are on the counter+a folding Ott-lite. Terrible lighting in the kitchen. The knife block is in the far right hand corner and the dish drainer near the sink.
Sharon