Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Appliances on the Counter >

Appliances on the Counter

Appliances on the Counter

Old 06-30-2017, 01:10 PM

Microwave, coffee maker, small coffee maker I use for hot tea, ice tea pot, toaster, crockpot. The only other one I own is a rice cooker.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Microwave and Vitamix. I try and keep whatever counter space I have free.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:57 PM

Instant Pot and Kitchen Aid mixer. Coffee pot sits on it's own table.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 AM

Keurig coffee maker, toaster and ninja food processor (all the various attachments are kept in bottom cabinet). But oh howdee is there still a lot of stuff on the counter! Can't seem to keep it neat what with dog food and treats, canister jars, fruit in bowl (either apples or bananas or both) large bowl of potatoes, utensil crock and Bose radio.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:05 AM

One toaster oven only. It is my effort to at least LOOK neat and organized. I have learned to enjoy minimalism and it feels good to not have all of my "stuff" out and then have to work around it. It has taken more than 50 years of adulthood to get to this place. Tee-Hee-Hee
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Same here and a butcher block knife set and utensil bucket. Have limited counter space and drawer space. Forgot about the dishdrainer but the drainer rack is chrome and drain tray is clear so helps to blend i.
Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
What appliances do you have out on your counter top?

We have a toaster, coffee maker, and microwave. Not covered.

Seems like a lot of other stuff "resides" on our counters, too.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:56 AM

The only appliance that I have on my countertop is my toaster oven. The only reason that is there is because it is too large for a pantry shelf. I am blessed with an abundance of storage in my kitchen. I enjoy having uncluttered counters. I never have to move anything to use them, and it is easier to wipe a counter and not a bunch of appliances too.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:13 AM

I have a small kitchen with very little counter space but somehow we seem to have a lot on it. We have a coffee pot, elec. can opener, round "tub" container for cooking utensils, food saver vacuum sealer, & microwave.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:16 AM

Kuerig (hubby), my coffee pot, 4 slice toaster, toaster oven.. which we use a lot! My Kitchen Aid mixer resides in a lower cabinet. Over the stove mounted microwave. Paper towel stand, canisters.

Sandy
Old 07-01-2017, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I never understood the clear counter tops phenomenon. What are they there for?
I have to agree with you there. I have a large kitchen with a lot of counter top space. When I had the counter tops/backsplash redone, I had everything off. When it was done before I put stuff back it looked so awful. Not freiendly and welcoming at all. More sterile and foreign. I have a lot of antique jars with rice, beans, scrapers, measuring spoons, spatulas, large spoons and whatever else in them. I think it makes my kitchen look homey and cozy. I love that look!

One thing I have that you don't see much anymore is a trash compactor. Best appliance ever! I love that thing. Its small and fits right between the sink and stove top. It holds a ton of stuff. I only have to take trash out about once a week or less. I'd hate to have to be without it after having one.

And I agree about the pantry and cupboard space in general. I have a ton of cupboard space and it's really nice. There's a place to store everything out of the way. Plus I have a fairly large pantry which holds a lot.