Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I don't know about this

I don't know about this

it seems ...well gross

I haven't eaten Spam in over 20 years, ex husband loved it. But pumpkin tasting Spam..eeewwww

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/p...ice-spam-debut
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I agree on the pumpkin flavor spam, just ewwwwww. However, I love spam perhaps because I grew up in Hawaii and I still eat it, even more so since I started Keto, as IMHO it has the perfect macros of fat, salt protein.
    Lisa

Power Poster
    I do like the "original" Spam.

I can live nicely without pumpkin pie spiced anything.

I would be willing to try it.

Spam has always grossed me out lol. I've never tried it!

Blog Entries
    Oh i've tried it recently, fried, because my hubby liked it. and Vienna sausages. But I could live without them. pumpkin or not!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

We had a lot of spam growing up. So, I do not eat it now.

Blog Entries
    I have never tasted Spam and have no intention of ever doing so. My father ate it fried. It was one thing he never made me try. Thankfully!!!!l
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I have a secret affection for SPAM. I have it maybe once a year. But a fried SPAM sandwich with mustard is a yummy little treat. I know SPAM has a crummy reputation but in its day it was a staple on many pantry shelves. Pumpkin Spice? Oh, I would try it but have low expectations. I heard that when cooking this new edition of SPAM smelled like breakfast sausage.

I like spam. But I don't cook it often. I think I have made a recipe before flavoring meat with cinnamon/nutmeg. It was ok but not for me. That's essentially pumpkin spice seasoning. I think I will pass.

I sometimes fry it for sandwiches. I slice it very thin and fry until crisp. Tastes great with lettuce and tomato, about like a BLT. I'll eat Spam but I wont' touch pre packaged cold cuts.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Banned
    I do eat Spam occasionally. I like it fried to crispy. And, I love pumpkin bread! But, pumpkin flavored Spam? I don't think I'll even try it. Sounds yucky!

Blog Entries
    I make spam salad with mayo, pickles, hard boiled eggs and chopped onion. Tastes exactly like ham salad and everyone eats the sandwiches without complaint. It is really good for a summer day and is pretty served on a lettuce leaf.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Another Spam eater here, couple times a year. Not a pumpkin spice everything fan though. I do like it in pumpkin pie and candles and that's about it. I don't get the appeal of eggnog lattes either.

My favorite spam treatment is with cornmeal mush, or polenta I guess the foodie types say Make a batch of cornmeal mush the night before and pour it into a bread pan. When ready to cook the spam, cut the mush into slices the same size as your spam slices. Fry both to get a crisp edge and serve with maple syrup.

I like spam occasionally, and I bought some not too long ago for its keto friendliness. I thought I remember it being cheap, but it's not! I guess no protein is cheap anymore. Even sardines.
    I can live without trying the pumpkin spice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia M. View Post
    We had a lot of spam growing up. So, I do not eat it now.
    Same here. My husband likes it but does not eat it often. We keep some around for “emergency food”. :-). (A step up from snake meat). Haha. Eewwwwwww——-I’d starve first!!

What's wierd is when you fry spam, not a whole lot of fat comes out. I think it's the sodium t hat gives it a bad rap. Plus being canned. LOL.

Pumpkin spice Spam. No way. Spam is always in my cupboard. I like it fried or quickly warmed in the microwave. While in school my mother would dip it in an egg batter, deep fry and put it my school lunch. Ugg, so greasy!! I asked her to not do that, but at least once a week there it was. One day a classmate asked to trade, so a trend was established, as long as it wasn't fried pinwheel balonga.(baloney) There is a reciepe on the internet to make your own spam.

I admit, I love Spam. We also used to eat it fried and in sandwiches, growing up. In fact, I may go and buy some tonight haven't had any in a while.

I appreciate their 25% lower salt edition, can't taste the difference myself but my heart can I'm sure
    I broil it to release some of the fat, blacked around the edges.

Spam is just ham and chicken, packed in a tin. A lot purer than fast food mystery meat I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
    Same here. My husband likes it but does not eat it often. We keep some around for “emergency food”. :-). (A step up from snake meat). Haha. Eewwwwwww——-I’d starve first!!
    LOL, Ellen too funny.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I make spam salad with mayo, pickles, hard boiled eggs and chopped onion. Tastes exactly like ham salad and everyone eats the sandwiches without complaint. It is really good for a summer day and is pretty served on a lettuce leaf.
    This is exactly what my mom would do for our family. My family hates it so I haven't had it in years.

I like Spam although have not had it in upteen years and I pumpkin pie - but together? No thanks. I'll keep them separate.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-16-2019 at 01:33 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

And how can you, say you don't "like it" but have never tried it? Really? Hummm You might be surprised.

Ewwwww. I"m not a fan of Spam. I never have been. So I'm definitely not going to be trying this.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast