Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I don't know about this

Think I will give that a pass.

I love fried Spam but havenít had it in years. Grew up eating it. Pumpkin Spam doesnít sound good to me. I like my pumpkin in a pie.

We learn something new every day. Not to insult anyone but I had no idea Spam was still available. Needless to say I am not a fan!

My mother liked it, growing up in the 60's we ate quite a bit of it. As an adult I have never bought it - when we were first married in 1973 we bought those weird shaped canned hams. The weird jelly in it made me queasy so I stopped. A few weeks ago my DH and I were at the grocery store and they had all the spam behind glass. There were so many varieties. But I could not imagine why it had to be sectioned off like the liquor or cigarettes.

Blog Entries
    Years ago, I diced spam and potatoes in 3/8" cubes then fried it and smothered it. It is very good that way.

I ate Spam when growing up in the 50's and early 60's, like others, my mom would fry it up and serve it on sandwiches or as a breakfast meat. Don't care for it now because of the salt and fat content and just don't care for the taste. My mom and sister still eat it fried and will also chop it up and make "ham salad" like stuff out of it for sandwiches.
    There is undoubtedly a market for it because it is still going strong after all these years. I checked out the numerous varieties of it when shopping with my sister. There is even a package of one slice. I think it was a dollar or so. Kind of amazing I think. But then I am amazed that there is market for a package of 6 hard boiled eggs without the shell for $4.00!!

While I love pumpkin spice, there are some things it should not be added to. And Spam is one.
    People will see your quilts long after you're gone - NOT your housework!

I think spam is made more healthy now than it use to be. I use to fry it by itself in the 60s and served as a meat. We loved it. I never think to cook since then.

I like my pumpkin pie spices in my pumpkin pies.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I doubt very much I would try the pumpkin spam. Not even interested. We grew up on SPAM and it was good to eat and great with fried potatoes and corn. We would also have it fried on sandwiches. Now I rarely eat it for some reason I have just fallen away from it. I guess since my kids didn't seem to care for it I just stopped buying it. It has taken a b bad rap over the last 20 years or so and I rarely see commercials for it any more. In an emergency I would surely eat it again without hesitation. Just not the pumpkin??

I am also a Spam lover - just donít understand what there is to hate. But then we had it when I was growing up. Anyway, pumpkin tasting Spam sounds more than gross. I love most all things pumpkin but this is way over the line - wonder how much it will sell.

I was raised pretty poor and Spam was a staple on our dinner table. I don't hate it, but hope to never see or think of it again -- with or without additives.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
    I am also a Spam lover - just don’t understand what there is to hate. But then we had it when I was growing up. Anyway, pumpkin tasting Spam sounds more than gross. I love most all things pumpkin but this is way over the line - wonder how much it will sell.
    I don't like the way it looks. Reminds me of something I didn't want to say because a lot of people like it. My Mom never bought it so I have no experience except for the way it looks and it's a turnoff for me

I tried the Pumpkin spam. It was pretty tasty. Not what I expected. So if you like Spam it is worth a try.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
    I was raised pretty poor and Spam was a staple on our dinner table. I don't hate it, but hope to never see or think of it again -- with or without additives.
    We never had Spam as kids, we were poor too and Spam cost too much according to my grandmother for what little you got so I never had any. I always liked the look of the can and wanted to use the key to open it. LOL
    We were raised with a garden and fresh meat from the woods. I have eaten about every type of animal that lives in the woods of Arkansas or swims in the river or flies in the sky. LOL We had bologna because my grandfather liked fried bologna sandwiches. The only can meat bought at the store was tuna. I remember having tuna or egg salad sandwiches for lunch a lot in the summer when everyone was busy outside. I was introduced to Spam at my inlaws house. Funny how one post can bring back a lot of memories.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2