Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
The Iced Tea Question has me wondering how to make Iced Coffee >

The Iced Tea Question has me wondering how to make Iced Coffee

The Iced Tea Question has me wondering how to make Iced Coffee

Old 05-09-2013, 06:28 AM

this is usually my 4pm break drink in the summer - I just use the morning coffee that is left over....lots of ice cubes, coffee about 1/2 up tall glass, fill to top with milk, add hazelnut syrup and some sweetener, kick my flip-flops off, put my feet up and enjoy- since reading the threads above next time I will add a bit of bailey's once in awhile too!!!!!!! PS I am the only in family that like iced coffee so this is my "red solo cup" drink!!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

I brew a pot of coffee stronger than normal, put it in a pitcher and keep it in refrigerator. When I want Iced coffee I add cream, ice and artificial sweetener and sometimes flavor. If you use sugar in your coffee dissolve it in the pitcher with the hot coffee before cooling
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 AM

We use a "Filtron" to cold brew our coffee. We use the extract for both hot and or Iced coffee. You can find these on Filtron.com. For approx. $50 you get the filtron and a decanter. It's an easy system.
We use ground coffee, water, let stand overnight and drain in the am.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM

Try this for an iced coffee drink. Make a pot of really strong coffee (I use Mocha flavored ground coffee). In a large container, mix the hot coffee with 1-1/2 cups sugar, let cool. To cooled mixture, add 1-1/2 quarts half and half (you can use regular thick cream if you like). Stir well. Cover and freeze over night. When ready to use, sit the container out on the counter for about 15-20 minutes. Use your ice cream scoop and scoop out a glassful. Use your long iced tea spoons to dip and eat with, or when it is frozen so you can shake it and make a slush, pour into your glass. This makes the best yummy coffee slush. Have fun!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM

here in New Zealand, the best iced coffees have icecream in them. cooled long tall glass.,your choice of coffee, ice cold milk (and I mean cold) mix milk and coffee and sweetner together, making it strong flavoured, then pour over scoop of vanilla icecream and top with whipped cream.............ummmmmmmmmm yummmmmmmmy Need straw and long handled spoon with it, afta all got to scrape out the last tiny bits in the bottom, usually not much icecream left but lovely froth, try that one ladies
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM

I like to put a lot of ice then the java and Bailey's simultaneously, Some periods I just use what is in the pot remaining over from morning meal on ice, Relies on my feelings, I don't get intricate.....
Old 06-03-2013, 04:18 AM

I don't drink coffee - I'm a tea drinker.

When I was a teenager working in a restaurant, customers would want iced coffee. My boss showed me how to make it. Place a plain table knife (all stainless steel) in a tall glass, fill with ice, then slowly pour hot, fresh brewed coffee into glass and let the customer add sugar if they want it. Still not sure why the knife, but my paternal grandmother also did this with a stainless steel serving spoon when making camp style coffee.