Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Instant Pot Recipes Welcome

Blog Entries

Instant Pot Recipes Welcome

We recently bought an Instant Pot. Actually, we have the Ninja Foodie which is an instant pot and air fryer combined. We've been doing some experimenting and seem to have more experiences of "what-not-to-do-again" than "keep-this-and-repeat". When I look online for Instant Pot recipes, I can't seem to find many that aren't full of curry or cumin type spices which my husband will not eat. He's a plain meat and potatoes guy but will try things like teriyaki and barbeque. Anybody with recipes?
    Barbara

Samuel Johnson - Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.

INSTANT POT RIBS

2 tbsp Kosher Salt
    2 tbsp Brown Sugar
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    1 tsp Onion Powder
    1 tsp Chili Powder
    1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
    1 rack Baby Back Ribs
    12 oz can Coke
    1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke
    1 cup BBQ Sauce
    Combine first 7 ingredients and mix together to make a rub. Set aside.
    Remove membrane from back side of ribs by loosening at one end with a knife and grabbing with paper towel and pulling off.
    Apply rub to both sides of ribs and place in a ring inside of Instant Pot.
    Pour Coke and Liquid Smoke into center of pot.
    Pressure cook on manual high for 30 minutes with no warming and allow pressure to release naturally.

Preheat oven to 400.
    Transfer ribs to broiler pan and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce.
    Bake 10-15 minutes watching to ensure ribs don’t burn.

I have made these. they have a nice taste but some said to much black pepper. so go by your taste on it.
    To the world you might be just a somebody, but to somebody you might be the world. Just live your life, and Quilt.

Instant Pot Honey Ham

• 20 oz can pineapple chunks
    • 1 cup honey
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 7.5 pounds bone-in spiral ham

1. 1/2 cup brown sugar in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
    2. Cut a little ham off the edges if it won't fit.
    3. Place Ham in the Instant pot.
    4. Add can of pineapple with juice.
    5. Pour Honey over the top and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
    6. Place on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
    7. Do a quick release.
    8. Remove and serve.

I have eaten this ham. a friend made it and it was very good.
    To the world you might be just a somebody, but to somebody you might be the world. Just live your life, and Quilt.

We have three Instant Pots. When I get a taste for something I google "Instant Pot recipe (fill in blank). I don't like those spice you mentioned so never cook with them. Try this old gal, No. 2 pencil, pressure luck, amy + Jacky's Tested Pressure Cook Recipes & Instant Pot Recipes. They have Facebook pages but if you don't like Facebook, just put them into the search engine. I make almost every meal in the Instant Pots. I have so many recipes I couldn't list them all. Try the google and see what you come up with. Plus, you can always leave out spices you don't like and replace them with what you do like. I leave cilantro out of everything. Don't like curry.
    Alyce

Another big vote for Pressureluckcooking.com. Delicious and funny/entertaining!

I have the 6qt duo. Join facebook's instant pot community, you will get all kinds of info & recipes. I made a cheesecake in it yesterday!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    We have three Instant Pots. When I get a taste for something I google "Instant Pot recipe (fill in blank). I don't like those spice you mentioned so never cook with them. Try this old gal, No. 2 pencil, pressure luck, amy + Jacky's Tested Pressure Cook Recipes & Instant Pot Recipes. They have Facebook pages but if you don't like Facebook, just put them into the search engine. I make almost every meal in the Instant Pots. I have so many recipes I couldn't list them all. Try the google and see what you come up with. Plus, you can always leave out spices you don't like and replace them with what you do like. I leave cilantro out of everything. Don't like curry.
    Thank you for sharing where to look, already have Jack/Amy and this old gal but the others are new to me. Will be checking the others out soon.

Try googling Maria Emmerich's Keto Instant Pot cookbook. She has at least five Keto books out now.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Has anyone made an Insta-Pot Cover for their appliance? I'm interested in making a couple for gifts, but do not have an Instant Pot. Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PKGranny View Post
    Has anyone made an Insta-Pot Cover for their appliance? I'm interested in making a couple for gifts, but do not have an Instant Pot. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I haven't made one, but here are some links.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270990102548032071/

https://blog.sulky.com/free-instant-pot-cover-pattern/
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I hadn't thought of following any Facebook pages. Thanks for the suggestion, stitchnripper.
    Just last night, I did think of things I used to make in my long-gone pressure cooker and made a delicious batch of cabbage rolls. I'll definitely check out more pressure cooker recipes online.
    Barbara

Samuel Johnson - Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.

This is what I'm making tonight:
    1 lb ground beef
    1 lb box penne pasta
    1 jar any kind of spaghetti sauce you like

Brown beef on the saute mode-first wait til it says Hot on your display before you add the beef, and then drain fat.
    Put beef back in the pot.
    Pour the penne pasta over the beef
    Pour the sauce over the penne pasta - do not stir it up
    Fill the jar with water and pour that around the sides and push the penne pasta into it as much as you can without mixing.

Put the lid on and cook on manual 5 minutes. It will take a while to come to pressure. Do quick release. When you open the pot it won't look right. Stir it around and let is sit a couple minutes and it will be perfect. I make this a lot. We love it. We put cheese on it after we dish it out because Mr. Stitchnripper can't eat cow dairy and I can.

You can add onions/garlic, etc. with the ground beef. You can add herbs/spices of your choice. Add what you like. Leave out what you don't like.
    Alyce

Stitchnripper, this sounds so good and easy! It probably does not matter, but what size (ounces) jar of sauce do you use? Thx!

They are all usually around 24 ounces
    Alyce

Stitchnripper, would this work with elbow pasta or other shaped ones. Am thinking a perfect dish to 'cook' at church for our potluck dinners.
    Thank you for your easy recipe.

G
    Quote Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
    Stitchnripper, would this work with elbow pasta or other shaped ones. Am thinking a perfect dish to 'cook' at church for our potluck dinners.
    Thank you for your easy recipe.
    yes. You take the minutes of cooking from the package- divide in half and round up,if it is a half.
    Alyce

Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls

1-1/2 pounds Ground Turkey (93% lean)

4 tablespoons Chopped Dried Onions
    1 teaspoon Minced Garlic in Water
    2 teaspoons Paprika
    1-1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt)
    1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
    1 teaspoon Oregano
    1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
    1-1/2 cups hot Water
    1-1/2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base

Brown Rice (Make brown rice ahead of time. One cup rice, one cup water, high pressure for 20 minutes.)

1 small head Green Cabbage chopped

1 (14 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes, with juice

Saute’ ground turkey until no pink is left.

Add dried onions, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, water and broth base. Stir well and saute’ for a few minutes.

Add brown rice and cabbage, stir well

Pour the can of tomatoes over the mixture, BUT DON’T STIR!

Cancel the saute’ function. Put the lid on the pot with the steam release knob in the sealing position and lock in place. Select pressure cook/manual button and set for 3 minutes

Quick-release pressure, stir contents, add more salt if needed

Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

8 cups Water

3 tablespoons Dried Chopped Onion
    3 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
    1 pound Frozen Mixed Vegetables
    1-1/2 cups sliced Celery
    2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1/2 teaspoon Pepper
    1-1/2 pounds uncooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces

1-1/2 cups dry Barilla ProteinPlus Elbow Macaroni

Put the water into a 6-quart Instant Pot on the saute setting while you prepare the other ingredients. Turn off the Instant Pot and add all of the remaining ingredients except the macaroni into the pot.

Put the lid on the pot and secure it making sure that the valve is on the “sealing” setting. Select high pressure cook for five minutes.

When the cook time ends, let the pressure release naturally for ten minutes and finish by moving the valve to “venting.”

Remove the lid and turn the pot on the saute setting. Add the uncooked macaroni. Cook for ten minutes.

Makes 6 servings

Found a site with some great recipes plan to make the cake in jars tomorrow. Mine will be apple, raspberry and blueberry. A good use for my 8 oz jelly jars.
    https://temeculablogs.com/instant-pot-recipes/