Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
need recipes for boneless pork loin >

need recipes for boneless pork loin

need recipes for boneless pork loin

Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Wow,have never heard of cooking it in juice or cranberry sauce. I bet it is SO good. My mom puts cranberry sauce on her porkchops.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM

I use plain tap water (enough to completely cover the roast), salt (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup Kosher, depending on the size of the roast), a few whole peppercorns and a bayleaf. I let this sit in the refrigerator overnight and take it out about 2 hours before I'm ready to cook it. I think the the skin on the garlic keeps it from getting too dry. If you like, you can cut the tips off and then the cooked garlic just squeezes out with a little mash of the fork. Of course, my Italian sister in law and I usually just pick up the cooked cloves and squeeze them with our fingers. The garlic is like wonderful butter on home made bread!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 AM

I use one can of cream of mushroom soup - one packet of onion soup mix, and one can of Pepsi - put all in the crockpot and let cook slowly - melts in your mouth - I remove the roast when done - and cool in refrigerator wrapped in foil - when ready to serve, I cut it in slices - makes very nice even slices, and put the meat back into the juices which have been kept cold also - and rewarm in the oven till ready to use it. Covered with foil... Great gravy - neat cuts of meat - looks professional.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 AM

I usually cut up and make my own pork chops too, roast is alos good in crock pot with home-made bbq sauce
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by PattyH
I use plain tap water (enough to completely cover the roast), salt (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup Kosher, depending on the size of the roast), a few whole peppercorns and a bayleaf. I let this sit in the refrigerator overnight and take it out about 2 hours before I'm ready to cook it. I think the the skin on the garlic keeps it from getting too dry. If you like, you can cut the tips off and then the cooked garlic just squeezes out with a little mash of the fork. Of course, my Italian sister in law and I usually just pick up the cooked cloves and squeeze them with our fingers. The garlic is like wonderful butter on home made bread!!!
YUMMO! Thanks, Patty. I plan to try this very soon. Pork is one of my hubby's favorite meals, so I am always looking for new ways to prepare it. BTW, I am a garlic freak myself and use lots of it in my cooking. You are right that the sweet roasted garlic is the "bomb" when it is spread on crostini bread slices!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 AM

I just cook them in my crock pot then pull it apart and add BBQ sauce. 1 part Jack Daniels Grilling sauce to 2 parts Sweet Baby Rays. And I just use enough to add a touch of flavor not enough to cover the taste of the meat.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I just cook them in my crock pot then pull it apart and add BBQ sauce. 1 part Jack Daniels Grilling sauce to 2 parts Sweet Baby Rays. And I just use enough to add a touch of flavor not enough to cover the taste of the meat.
I take Sweet Baby Rays straight...lol... never thought of mixing it with another sauce. May have to try that.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 AM

I usually cut chops off about half to 3/4 of the loin. The roast goes into the crockpot with garlic pepper. Cook about 6 hrs. on low, turn up to high and add a can of bag of sauerkraut with some brown sugar and half a sliced apple and cook till it bubbles for about 15 minutes.............yum, yum. If you don't like kraut try adding some butternut squash.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
Originally Posted by raptureready
I take Sweet Baby Rays straight...lol... never thought of mixing it with another sauce. May have to try that.
The JD stuff adds a little more smokey flavoring that I find wonderful with pork.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Wish I could be there to eat some with you. Last night we finished up the leftovers from a huge one I cooked on Saturday for company. Sure was good. I sliced the leftovers and put a little more wine in the bottom of a pie dish and put foil over the top and popped it in my toaster oven. Still yummy to the last bite!