Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
need recipes for boneless pork loin >

need recipes for boneless pork loin

need recipes for boneless pork loin

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM

I just made a nice pork loin roast over the weekend. I rubbed a good seasoning salt into the roast then seared it in an iron skillet with olive oil and about a half a cup of apple cider. Then I put it in the slow cooker with a little more of the cider for moistness. Added carrots and kraut about half way through. When it was nearly done I made a pot of mashed potatoes and baked an iron skillet full of cornbread. YUMMY!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jad1044
I use one can of cream of mushroom soup - one packet of onion soup mix, and one can of Pepsi - put all in the crockpot and let cook slowly - melts in your mouth - I remove the roast when done - and cool in refrigerator wrapped in foil - when ready to serve, I cut it in slices - makes very nice even slices, and put the meat back into the juices which have been kept cold also - and rewarm in the oven till ready to use it. Covered with foil... Great gravy - neat cuts of meat - looks professional.
Hmmm .... this one sounds good, too! I've heard of combining dry onion soup mix w/canned mushroom soup before, but the addition of a can of Pepsi sure sounds different. Okay, so if I slow cook the pork ahead, cool & the slice meat, and then reheat it in the sauce as you describe, about how long would you allow to reheat the slices and what temp do you set your oven at? 350 moderate heat?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM

Brown the tenderloin on all sides. I use the BBQ, but you can do it on the stove in a heavy oven-proof pan. Quarter small red potatoes; slice green apples and onions. Add these to the loin, salt and pepper to taste, pour a can of chicken stock over all and roast in oven for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM

My husband cuts them into breakfast slices and quick cooks them on the stove top in a no stick pan. He does spray the pan with a cooking stray. They are cooked just until brown on both sides. Then he packages the uncooked slices in freezer zip lock bags , 8 or so to the bag and into the freezer they go. Delicous way to get a protein in the morning.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Yes, we can post links to recipes :wink:
Thank you for all of the wonderful recipes :D:D:D
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Just roast it with lots of salt, pepper, garlic powder and lots of fresh or dried Rosemary - the Rosemary is wonderful on pork (and beef and chicken, I love it as a seasoning). I've always got a fresh Rosemary plant around for seasoning.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Last week I used three cups of applesauce. one cup of raisins and had coated pork with salt, pepper, onion powder and cinnamon. Sounds strange, but it was wonderful. Cook it in a roasting bag or a covered casserole at 350 degrees for two hours (depends on size of roast). Great with cornbread stuffing and wild rice.

Elis' Granny B
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM

Slice it into medallions...pound them flat & place in hot fry pan with little olive oil until cooked...yummy & tender.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Since I can't use spices because of food allergies, I braise the pork loin in a bit of olive oil and butter for several minutes on all sides. After placing it in a foil lined roasting pan, I pour a little chicken broth over it and cover it with foil and put it into a 450% oven. I roast it for a few hours until the meat will easily pull apart. I cook most meats this way. My husband loves them.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Inject it with Cajun Injector brand Creole Butter flavor and cook it on a rotisserie- doesn't get any better!