Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Off Topic of Quilting "air fryers"

Off Topic of Quilting "air fryers"

Tell me your thoughts on the "air fryers" I see recipes for them. Are they worth buying, hard to store , do you use often, are they healthy, quick, anything at all to educate this old lady. Thank you.

I keep looking at them too. My friend just got one a couple months ago and she loves it! She uses it constantly. Since I have the NuWave oven which seems to do the same thing - except you don't set the temperature it is pre-programed. I am going to keep watching them to see if they are just a passing phase of something I really need. Kitchen gadgets attract me as much as quilting gadgets - so very hard to resist!

I don't have one but my cousin does and loves it! I'm sure we'll get one b/c my husband is a major foodie. He has just about every thing known to man!

I got one for Christmas - it is like a mini convection oven. There is a basket for the food, which sits inside another metal "bowl" with a heating element above it and a fan which blows the hot air around your food. Great for fries and some frozen foods - I made a tasty frozen fish fillet (Schwans) for supper the other night. Haven't tried it yet for anything beyond frozen foods.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries
    I got one last summer. Great for one or two people but too small to cook much for a family.

There are larger air fryers too. Paula Deen has the biggest one I've heard of at 8.5. I got one few weeks ago and so far we are enjoying it. I've made eggplant, french frys, yellow squash, diced potatoes with onions, hamburgers. That is all I can think of right now. Go to Facebook. There are two groups; the one with largest membership is the one I use. Recipes and helpful hints and a nice bunch of people.

We only have the nu wave induction cooker ..which is fabulous... I do all our cooking
    with it . Have a different one in camper too.

Blog Entries
    I got one last year to , to small never use it . But I did try it just as fast in the oven.

There is a new bigger one that they call an oven. I'd love to have it, but it is so bulky I am resisting. My daughter has the first one and loves it. She cooks for two - between that and the Instapot, she doesn't use her stove.