Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Power pressure cooker >

Power pressure cooker

Power pressure cooker

Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM

Can anyone tell me how to do a turkey in there? Do you cut it up into pieces to make it all fit? How long for a 12-15 pound turkey ?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:13 PM

I got a good cookbook from Cooks Illustrated that has some wonderful recipes and hints if you are new to pressure cooking. http://americastestkitchen.buysub.co...erfection.html
Old 03-08-2015, 04:28 PM

I have this pressure cooker too. I did ribs in 25 minutes! Fall-off-the-bone, finger-licking good.

Beef stew, pot roast, canning... I use it at least once a week.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM

I love my electric pressure cooker! I have a glass top stove (Hate it!) and I couldn't use my regular pressure cooker. My electric pressure cooker is wonderful. I make a lot of beans it it. I also cook tamales in it in about 45 minutes rather than 2 1/2 hours. I can't say enough about it. I use it two to three times a week.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:29 PM

I have a wonderful slow cooker ,, but I use my electric pressure cooker , its AWESOME . we could not live with out it .A real time saver and happy meals for my family . More time for sewing , right ?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:05 AM

I bought the Power Cooker at Walmart. The instructions are terrible. What I need to know is how to adjust the time and when to do it. Other than that I have used it a couple of times, once for mac and cheese (won't do that again, we didn't like it), and once for chicken stew which was delicious and once for a pot of beans, also good. If someone has this cooker and could help me resolve the "time" issue I would certainly appreciate it.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:29 AM

Is this " power pressure cooker" the same as the old fashioned pressure cooker on the cooking stove type, except it is electric?..... I went on line to check it out......also read reviews...more negs than pos.....I have the old fashioned PC...learned to use it from parents who had one. I don't use weekly...just certain things, times of year....just like my crockpot..only use it occasionally........some things I can cook faster, more efficiently on stove rather in " pot".... That's just me.......
Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 AM

Im talking about the Power Pressure Cooker XL as seen on tv infomercials. Yes on some sites -got nag reviews, others good. This is an all electric one which also has a canning feature. The times are in the cookbooks which you get along with the unit. There are many cookers out there on the market by different company's such as Cuisinart, Elite and more. I chose this one for its canning feature, and I purchased it thru Bed n Bath Beyond as I mentioned in the first post. I now have had it about 2 weeks and have not had any problems. I also ordered the canning rack as that was not included and extra parts in case I loose one or one goes bad. I ordered it online and the company sent me an email label if I need to return an item. Yes I have an old fashioned pressure cooker and canner but I also have a glass top stove. I have used both on there with great apprehension as I read the glass can crack. it takes a good hour for the pressure canner to reach the amount of pressure I set it at, then I have to add the timing for processing the jars which a holds 7 quarts. I dont always have that much to can from my garden at one time. Soon I will make soup and try canning a couple of pints as it says it can do. I will post here the results. As for my crockpots-I use all the time also from making oatmeal for a hot breakfast in the morning to cooking other items. My PPC is much faster.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:57 AM

If it didn't come with a cookbook-go online to the company's main site . They should have recipes and times listed there.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:38 PM

I bought one also and just love it !