Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Brownies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/brownies-t293080.html)

AliceQ 12-07-2017 08:02 AM

I've used this quick MW recipe for years and love 'em!

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar. 3/4 cup flour
2 eggs. 2 tsps vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa. 1/2 cup walnuts if desired

Place butter in 8" x 8" MW able baking dish. MW on high for 1 minute or till melted.
Carefully pour butter into batter bowl and set baking dish aside.
Add sugar, eggs and cocoa to melted butter and mix with a wooden spoon.
Pour batter into baking dish and cover with a paper towel.
MW on high for 5 to 7 minutes (I do 5) or till toothpick tests clean.

I usually will sprinkle choc chips and/or peanut butter chips across the top of the batter (whether boxed mix or this MW mix) before baking. Our grown grandsons have always loved them that way!

ptquilts 12-07-2017 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7957874)
An even better trick - is to eat only one 2x2 square instead of the whole pan of the brownies.

I have a rule, any baked goods eaten the same day they were baked have NO calories.

Rhonda K 12-07-2017 01:58 PM

Too funny that the Ghirardell mixes were BOGO today. There are now 4 boxes in my pantry--double chocolate and salted caramel.

linmid 12-08-2017 05:35 AM

Betty Crocker brownie mix and add peanutbutter chips and pecan pieces. This is my family's favorite. MMMMMM good

maviskw 12-08-2017 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 7957837)
If you are watching your weight try this trick - substitute applesauce for some of the oil. If the recipe calls for 2/3 cup oil, I use a 4 ounce cup of applesauce and the rest oil.

If you are trying to lose weight, use butter. Yes eat the fat - the good fat - to lose weight. Your brain needs fat and will be satisfied if you give it some real fat. As in lard, butter or coconut oil.
This is the recipe I use. It's fantastic.

1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. nuts (optional)
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into buttered 9 X 13 pan.
Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.

This has a lot of sugar in it, so go easy.
Only a 2 X 2 in. square! ! !
Put the rest into the freezer. Out of sight, out of mind.

Anniedeb 12-08-2017 08:34 PM

Brownies, plain, from a mix. Corner or edge pieces only please!!

Pennyhal 12-12-2017 11:20 AM

Our favorite are the Betty Crocker mixes with walnuts.

I once watch Alton Brown on tv and he said to buy cake mixes instead of home made. They add stuff in them that we don't have and produce a superior cake. Well, I don't want to eat anything that I can't have in my kitchen and I still make my own cakes...but brownies are always Betty Crocker's!!!

ptquilts 12-12-2017 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb (Post 7959019)
Brownies, plain, from a mix. Corner or edge pieces only please!!

oooh, let's get together, I LOVE the middle pieces!!

Jan in VA 12-22-2017 01:07 PM

My favorite brownie is/was my grandmother's, a thin, dark chocolate walnut brownie, topped with a ganache frosting, sitting under a big scoop of peppermint ice cream, topped with her homemade fudge sauce. :) Our family traditional Christmas dinner dessert.

Jan in VA

cashs_mom 12-22-2017 02:46 PM

I got a recipe from a friend the other day for black bean brownies. She swears they are delicious. Since I have a lot of food restrictions due to sensitivities it would be a good substitute for me.