Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Programmable Pressure Cooker >

Programmable Pressure Cooker

Programmable Pressure Cooker

Old 08-12-2016, 07:29 AM

I have one and love it. You can put meat in there and it's done in just minutes as so flavorful. I use it to cook ravioli all the time, dump in tomato sauce with 1/2 can of water, ravioli and cook for 20 min. One pan cleanup, my kind of cooking.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 AM

I'm really excited to try mine out. One of the things that appealed to me about it was the ability to brown meat first and then slow cook it, all in one pot. Roberta, Do you make your own ravioli or do you use frozen or the packages of "fresh" ravioli that the supermarket sells?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 AM

Default Programmable pressure cookers.

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Amazon has it on sale today and I bought one. It is called One Pot 6 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It steams, saute's, makes rice, and it's also a slow cooker. I've thought about getting one for awhile. If you have one, what do you like to cook in it?
I have one that I bought about 8 months ago. I love it! I live by myself since my husband passed away,
and may times I don't think to fix something to eat until it is too late. I can make myself a healthy meal
from start to finish in half an hour. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 30% off coupon!

mldesatnik
Old 08-12-2016, 09:51 AM

just asked my DDL and the sesame chicken recipe was in the book, but she didn't remember which brand she bought and is working so couldn't check.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:56 AM

I have a programable pressure cooker and love it. We especially like the turkey roasts or breasts - so much easier than cooking in the oven and so much faster than the slow cooker. Another thing we like is using it for artichokes - talk about fast! Also rice is very good in the cooker. I don't use it for that very often, but have in the past just to try it and it worked so well, I did it again when I needed more rice than my rice cooker could handle. On QVC they show how it will cook macaroni and cheese, since you don't stir it it gets crispy on the bottom instead of on the top. I haven't tried it yet because of the amount it makes.

Just experiment with things that sound good to you and you will more than likely be happily surprised.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
i bought one looks something like that from walmart last year, i got it mainly for pot roasts but i still can't figure out what i'm doing wrong,i marinate a chuck roast over night and next day i make as the manual says and i'm not happy with the way the meat turns out, it comes out very tender but tastless like all the flavoring was zap out of it and all flavor ends up in the juice ,vegetables come out good but not the meat i fix that by making gravy with the juice and smother the meat with it.wish i knew why. my chuck roasts always came out good in the stove top pressure cookers
Ok Mandyrose, let me help you with that tasteless pot roast:
Take chuck roast out of wrapper, rub with flour, push off and trash extra flour, brown in a fry pan with 2T oil on all sides (don't cook, just brown.
Put browned roast in crockpot, and smear top roast with 1 can cream of mushroom soup (& no additional liquid)
Sprinkle 1 envelope of dry Lipton onion soup on top of the mushroom soup (& no liquid to this soup either)
Now add 1 can of beef boullion or beef broth or beef consume soup around roast so it hits bottom of crock pot. If it is a giant roast, add 1/2 can of water too. Cook until tender (4-6hrs). You can do this in an oven bag, in the oven at 325-350 for 4/6 hrs too and I'm sure it works in you instant pot too. Anyway the flavor is wonderful, add celery, carrots, potatoes etc 1 hr before meat is done if you like that too (or cheat and cook those in the pressure cooker, but if you do the veg in a pressure cooker, the flavors don't meld together. You still have to combine them and simmer a while to get the flavors to merge. Good luck, better than marinating.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:56 PM
C.

Hi, I have had the Instant Pot for about six months now and all I can say is I LOVE IT!!! I have not cooked anything that my husband and I don't like. I have made the best bean soup from the Instant Pot web site. A lot of the recipes I have used are from a website called: pressurecookingtoday.com She is wonderful. I have made spaghetti & meatballs, lasagna mess, meatloaf, pork chops and cabbage, spanish rice, rice pudding, and the most divine cheesecake you can possibly imagine. I could go on and on. Most of our family members have bought one also after hearing about mine and having some of my food. I love the Instant Pot because it has a stainless steel pot, no scratching. Another website is: hippressurecooking.com Laura is wonderful and has a great cookbook. Youtube is a great place for videos and recipes too. It is my favorite kitchen tool/appliance. Soups are great too. Guess I will shut up now before I write a book on this, hee hee. You won't be sorry with an electric pressure cooker..... Claudia
Old 08-13-2016, 02:15 AM

Another happy user of the IPot here. There's just 2 of us,so most anything I make will feed us for 2 meals.
A couple things,it makes steel cut oats,can make enough rice to divide in zip lock bags to freeze for when needed,makes cheesecakes,easy pasta dishes,potatoes & boiled eggs cooked together for potato salad &
wonderful soup.Check out the FB group for recipes & tips.Can you tell we get a lot of use out of the I Pot ?
Old 08-13-2016, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Ok Mandyrose, let me help you with that tasteless pot roast:
Take chuck roast out of wrapper, rub with flour, push off and trash extra flour, brown in a fry pan with 2T oil on all sides (don't cook, just brown.
Put browned roast in crockpot, and smear top roast with 1 can cream of mushroom soup (& no additional liquid)
Sprinkle 1 envelope of dry Lipton onion soup on top of the mushroom soup (& no liquid to this soup either)
Now add 1 can of beef boullion or beef broth or beef consume soup around roast so it hits bottom of crock pot. If it is a giant roast, add 1/2 can of water too. Cook until tender (4-6hrs). You can do this in an oven bag, in the oven at 325-350 for 4/6 hrs too and I'm sure it works in you instant pot too. Anyway the flavor is wonderful, add celery, carrots, potatoes etc 1 hr before meat is done if you like that too (or cheat and cook those in the pressure cooker, but if you do the veg in a pressure cooker, the flavors don't meld together. You still have to combine them and simmer a while to get the flavors to merge. Good luck, better than marinating.
I'm going to try this today...will let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:45 AM

Cactus Stitchin, Thank you for asking your daughter-in-law about the recipe. Quilting Candy, I'm definitely going to try cooking an artichoke in it. Where do I find instructions for that? Plain Pat, I make soup fequently when cold weather hits, so I'm really looking forward to using the Instant Pot for that. Claudia, Your post gave me some great leads for recipes. Thank you so much!