Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Programmable Pressure Cooker >

Programmable Pressure Cooker

Programmable Pressure Cooker

Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 PM

Default Programmable Pressure Cooker

Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Amazon has it on sale today and I bought one. It is called One Pot 6 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It steams, saute's, makes rice, and it's also a slow cooker. I've thought about getting one for awhile. If you have one, what do you like to cook in it?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:47 PM

My DDL recently bought a similar one and made sesame chicken the first day. One of the primary reasons for the purchase was to make non-dairy yoghurt for my grandson who has severe peanut and dairy allergies. (Non-dairy yoghurt is very expensive). I heard she used the pressure cooker to make a pot roast and that it was very good. She loves it but I haven't gotten to see it in action.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Are you talking about an Instant Pot? I bought one a couple of months ago and I really like it. I love that I can walk away and I don't have to watch it like I would a stovetop model. There are a ton of blogs and websites with recipes, too.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:54 AM

I have the GoWise version and love it. I use it almost every day. I love that I don't have to have an extra slow cooker since it's all in one. I cook just about everything in it, even hard boiling eggs.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:46 AM

Peckish, You are right. It is called an Instant Pot. I don't know how I overlooked not adding that to the title. Thank you for pointing it out. I figured that I would find recipes online. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to buy a cookbook too. Anybody have a recommendation?

Misty's Mom, I usually cook my eggs in a steamer. I cook my rice in that too.

Cactus Stitchin, I read that you could make yogurt in it and that people liked it for that reason. Is the sesame chicken recipe in the manual?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:41 AM

i bought one looks something like that from walmart last year, i got it mainly for pot roasts but i still can't figure out what i'm doing wrong,i marinate a chuck roast over night and next day i make as the manual says and i'm not happy with the way the meat turns out, it comes out very tender but tastless like all the flavoring was zap out of it and all flavor ends up in the juice ,vegetables come out good but not the meat i fix that by making gravy with the juice and smother the meat with it.wish i knew why. my chuck roasts always came out good in the stove top pressure cookers
Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM

I really like mine. I use it to cook up dried beans...cheaper and better tasting than canned.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:58 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Press...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I have the book above and like it very much.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:46 AM

Francie, I usually cook my dry beans in my crock pot. Last year, I replaced my old crock-pot with a new one, and it cooks beans faster than the old one and they're mushier. I really hope this new Instant Pot does a better job.

Quiltlove, Thanks for the cookbook recommendation. For many years I have used stove top pressure cookers. I hope I like using this just as well.

Peckish, I have been looking online and finding a lot of recipes there. Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, I love your avatar.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:45 AM

I love mine. It makes the best yogurt. Have done a whole chicken, beef roast and even cooked corn on the cob in it.