Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Recipe for Easter Ham >

Recipe for Easter Ham

Recipe for Easter Ham

Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM

I went to a very exclusive restaurant one We had Ham slices with a sweet cream sauce and marichino cherries on top Very pretty and yummy,if I made it at home I would serve the sweet white sauce on the side with a bowl of the cherries.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM

I did the brown sugar once but it burned. I cook it now with a few whole cloves and add pineapple slices about 30 before taking it out of the oven. I got my ham last weekend...a 20 pounder!! mmmm I love pea soup with the leftovers too, make a quadruple batch, some for my Dad, some for us now and some to freeze for later.

piney
Old 04-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Dee

Pineapple, cherries and cloves. Then 7 up poured into pan.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Juice from 1 can of pineapple, juice from 1 jar of marichino cherries, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp dry mustard. Put it all in a pot and reduce it down until it thickens.Pour over your ham.

I also heat the cherries and pineapple in a separate pan with a bit of the "glaze" and ham drippings for about 30minutes. So much easier than sticking them all over the ham with tooth picks, lol
Old 04-06-2012, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
I did the brown sugar once but it burned. I cook it now with a few whole cloves and add pineapple slices about 30 before taking it out of the oven. I got my ham last weekend...a 20 pounder!! mmmm I love pea soup with the leftovers too, make a quadruple batch, some for my Dad, some for us now and some to freeze for later.

piney

Would like your pea soup recipe. How about sharing????
Old 04-06-2012, 05:41 AM

We buy a spiral cut ham and warm it up in the oven for an hour or so, then right before we serve it my husband will take the ham out to the patio and put a brown sugar rub all over it, using a sifter then he using his blow touch lightly all over it. It glazes the ham beautifully just like the honey baked ham store. For pennies. It is so gooooood.

Happy Easter Everyone.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM

My ham is slit on the top with cloves inserted in each diamond slit. Then I mix brown sugar, crushed pinapple with the juice, and brown mustard. I pat it on the ham and bake away at 350. After an hour I put juice back up over the ham and baste it so it remains very moist.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
Would like your pea soup recipe. How about sharing????
It is from the Betty Crocker cookbook I gave my grandmother in 1976.

2C dried split peas
2 quarts water
1 finely chopped medium onion
1/4t pepper
ham bone

cubed, cooked ham

Heat peas and water to boiling, boil gently 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cover 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients except the ham. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 21/2 to 3 hours until peas are very soft. Take out ham bone and add cubed cooked ham to warm though. This is better the next day.

as it takes so long to cook I use 4 pounds of split peas and freeze some for later. I have 2 kettles that each hold a double recipe.

piney