Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
So..Whats your "Go To" recipe???? >

So..Whats your "Go To" recipe????

So..Whats your "Go To" recipe????

Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

These are all sounding great!! I'm sooo glad that I won't have to eat my "normal" junk ...well, at least for a little while :lol: Thank you all!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 AM

I forgot to mention.....the good thing about the pizza? You can make it as fattening as you want, OR less fattening, depending on what you put on it. :)
Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Welll of course...I will pile the "good" stuff on mine :wink: Now..you can take that to mean either way you want :lol: :lol:
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Welll of course...I will pile the "good" stuff on mine :wink: Now..you can take that to mean either way you want :lol: :lol:
LOL To get hubby to eat more veggies, I cut the broccoli and cauliflower up really little so he doesn't really realize it is there. It's actually pretty good! When I cook with peppers, I always cut the tops off and freeze them. I'll cut those up in little pieces and put them on his. I can't eat them, they tear up my stomach. But, I love the flavor.
I've also used those little crusts for dessert pizzas too!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM

I have a few, but the easiest for me, especially if I don't have time is this:

One can of cream of mushrooms soup.
One serving of rice.
One serving of water.
Two or three chicken breast cut into cubes and spiced to your prefrrence, I like curry and garlic.- Note I spice my chicken cubes before adding to the mix, butter flavor this way.

In one big pan or casserole dish if you like, add your rice and a pinch of salt, spread your spiced chickens over the rice, add the can of soup then the water. You may need to add more or less water, I make sure everything is covered.

It is easy, clean and delicious!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 AM

Ok one more I can't resist.
You can use any meats or vegetables you have, cut them into cubes and saute until almost done. Place in skewers and in oven at 350 F for about ten minutes, serve with a baked potato or rice or pasta.

Check it out here http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/candi/2...s_skewers.html

I love making this.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Boy, I'm getting some great dinner ideas here! I just thought of two more my mom used to make and are both favorites of my husband.

Tuna Mushroom a la King

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 can tuna, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons chopped pimento (optional)
chopped parsley (optional)
toast points

Melt butter in saute pan, saute celery and onion until soft. Add cream of mushroom soup and milk. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Fold in tuna and heat until tuna is warm.

Meanwhile, make buttered toast points. Serve tuna mixture over toast points. Garnish with pimento and parsley if desired.

Sausages over Rice

Brown six pork or turkey sausage patties in pan. Remove any excess grease. Pour in one can of chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer 20-30 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare one package of yellow rice. Serve tomato and sausages over yellow rice. Very tasty and colorful. My husband likes green peas with this dish. He mixes it all together.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 AM

Okay, here is my all time favorite quickie meal and best part is that it is very, very healthy!

Micro Salmon Dinner For One (or two!)

6 - 8 oz salmon filet
medium tomato, cut in half cross-wise
small-medium red skinned potato, pierced with a fork *
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
dried basil
* If potato is large, give it a jump start and microwave it alone for 1 minute first

Arrange salmon, potato and tomato on microwaveable dinner plate. Drizzle everything with the EVOO and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil (Go light on the salt, since the lemon juice will give off a "salty' flavor without adding sodium). Cook, covered on high power for 4 minutes or until potato is tender and fish flakes with a fork.

This is my favorite meal to make for myself when DH is off at a golf tournament or Corvette Club meeting. But I have made it for both of us many times. Just cover first meal w/ foil to keep it warm while seond meal is cooking. I sometimes add a side dish of steamed spinach w/ red wine vinegar, just for color
Old 01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

I gave up reading these to my DH...I just printed them off. Now we'll have to go to the store..maybe thats for tomorrow. Darn it...and I sure would rather be here sewing :lol:
Old 01-30-2009, 09:18 PM

There's no restaurant within a reasonable driving distance, so eating out just isn't an option for us and some nights are just those "I don't feel like cooking" nights. In anticipation of those, I buy large quantities of chicken wings, then count them into smaller freezer bags but before I freeze them, I pour over some kind of sauce - honey garlic, teryaki - I make a variety. Then, simply take a bag out of the freezer, thaw for a bit (or not) and bake. Throw together a salad and dinner is done.