Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Stuffed angel food cake--correction

Blog Entries

Stuffed angel food cake--correction

About 2 weeks ago, I posted a recipe for Stuffed Angel Food Cake. I forgot to:

include that a well needs to be cut in the center of the bottom layer to put the filling in. Then, another well needs to be cut in the top so the 2 halves will sit well. So, I will re-write the recipe here.
    1. Cut an angel food cake in half--horizontally.
    2 Make a well in both the top and bottom of the cake and lay the pieces aside; you won't need them again. BE SURE to cut carefully so there aren't any cuts around either of the 2 pieces of cake.
    3. Have a fruit-Cool Whip mixture ready to fill the well. Any fruits are good; I usually use peaches, halved or quartered, strawberries, fruit cocktail, baby marshmallows; it can be your choice.
    4.Gently spoon the fruit mixture into the cake. Place the other half on top. Use a few toothpicks to hold the halves together.
    5. Serve as is, with Cool Whip spooned on each serving, or put the cool whip on top of the cake all around.
    6. Refrigerate until serving time.
    Serve and Enjoy!!

PM me if you have an questions.
    Mariah
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

This reminds me of something that was popular when I was a teen. Fill the space with sherbet and refreeze. It slices nicely for serving. This was used widely as refreshment at bridal showers, hopefully using the bride's chosen colors--or something similar. Was very refreshing for summertime events.

I've made this stuffed angel food cake since 1967 when my brother brought me a case of the best strawberries in the world. I cut them up with cool whip and stuffed the angel food cake. You can also use various puddings and fruits. I found that if you let the cake sit for one day, you can more easily take the center out.

I use a little gelatin so the fruit will set and not be running. This recipe is so good for summer and so easy!
    I love my life!

Quote Originally Posted by illinois View Post
    This reminds me of something that was popular when I was a teen. Fill the space with sherbet and refreeze. It slices nicely for serving. This was used widely as refreshment at bridal showers, hopefully using the bride's chosen colors--or something similar. Was very refreshing for summertime events.
    Remember when Bridal and baby showers were sweet, simple affairs? I've been to some lately that are blow-out extravaganzas, messy taco bars, tableware and decorations to the hilt, etc etc. Trying to out-do the "Jones's" as we used to say!