Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Super easy cake using only two ingredients

yummy to the tummy. i will get some at store tomorrow and make one. that looks delicious icon17

looks soo good.
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    This is the only way I make cakes! sooo good! I use any cake mix and any canned fruit. Have never tried one and thought "ugh, won't fix that combo again". We call them "Dump cakes" because you just dump the stuff in a pan. If you like a cake, like above, you mix then pour. If you like a cobbler, dump the fruit in (save some of the syrup), then dump the cake mix on top. Sprinkle the leftover syrup on top and bake.
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

I made a Spice Cake Mix with Pumpkin and it was awesome and yes it is a Weight Watchers Cake.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

wonderful

made it Sunday...was wonderful and so EZ

Blog Entries
    OK another silly question. Do you use the drained pineapple with the angel food mix or the cake mix or both?

Quote Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
    OK another silly question. Do you use the drained pineapple with the angel food mix or the cake mix or both?
    It's UNDRAINED crushed pineapple with the angel food mix
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the quick reply! I meant undrained.

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    I made a Spice Cake Mix with Pumpkin and it was awesome and yes it is a Weight Watchers Cake.
    I use one 18 ounce box yellow cake mix (dry) and 4 to 5 tsps. pumpkin pie spice to create the spice cake mix.

Combine above with one 15 ounce can solid pumpkin.

For mental health improvement, fold in one cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.................*disclaimer: not low calorie

Place in baking container. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon/sugar mixture to improve appearance.

Bake 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes/muffins
    or
    Bake 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Makes four loaves (5.75 in. by 3.0 in)

MMMM - applie pie filling - - - - - I bet that a carmel or butterscotch sauce/topping would be delicious placed on each slice on a pretty autumn plate

Sounds interesting! May give it a try..
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammydar View Post
    Well How does it taste?
    do you mix it thoroughly or just until moist?
    Did you frost it?
    Cant wait to try it, but it will have to wait til tomorrow I think!
    I can personally say it's great. While just a little too sweet for my taste, my DH loved it and ate 1/2 of it in one sitting.

When I first put the two ingredients together I thought no way this is going to be wet enough to pour into a pan but amazingly it was.

I wouldn't frost it myself, would only make it sweeter, but DH topped his with whipped cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    As a Weight Watcher, I was very intrigued when I saw Angel Food cake!! That is one W.W. treat I allow myself on the weekends. Thank you so much to everyone for all the fantastic varieties. I am presently down 37 pounds, four dress sizes and my knees DON'T HURT ANYMORE!! Life is great - I've just turned 60 and celebrated by going Zip Lining at Hunter Mountain in New York!! There will be Apple Angel Food Cake for dessert Saturday!
    Good for you! I just started with WW and need some tips for recipes, especially snacks that are low in points as my tummy rumbles a lot before meals.

I recently started doing the Weight Watchers program again and this was one of the recipes the leader brought in. Her recipe called for the box of angel food cake and light blueberry pie filling and then, each two inch square is only 2 points for those of us on WW. I tried it with Light Cherry pie filling because I couldn't find the light blueberry and let me tell you, this is absolutely delicious. I have to admit that I love Angel Food cake anyway, but this is very, very good and it's so nice to know that it is something we can really enjoy and still stay on program. Lucille

I am going to make this tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    A friend sent this to me and it's in the oven right now and smells amazing.

l box Angel food cake
    1 can apple pie filling.

Mix both together and put into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Honestly, that's the entire recipe and so nice to keep both ingredients in the house in case of unexpected guests.
    Gonna give this a try today!!! Thanks for the recipe. Will try the crushed pineapple and also others. Will get back with results. Thanks again!!! I DO HAVE A QUESTION???
    Did you have to turn cake upside down after baked? Or do you leave in 9x13 pan and cut pieces out??
    Last edited by violets4me123; 09-10-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: had new questions

Quote Originally Posted by violets4me123 View Post
    Gonna give this a try today!!! Thanks for the recipe. Will try the crushed pineapple and also others. Will get back with results. Thanks again!!! I DO HAVE A QUESTION???
    Did you have to turn cake upside down after baked? Or do you leave in 9x13 pan and cut pieces out??
    See posts 8+19
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Sounds really good, I will be making one. I have seen this before but forgot it. I don't really like icing on cakes anymore but I would love this.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I was needing an idea for my guilds mtg this mo. We are having a Dessert picnic in a local park this mo.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Roberta, I just have to try this recipe, sounds good. Can you use a bundt pan to bake this cake?

I have had the pineapple version many times, having learned it from a dear s-i-l during our sisters quilting week a few years ago. Loved it right away!! No frosting needed at all.
    Now I am eager to try the other flavors, too. We are caring for an elderly friend just now so this is a good recipe to make and share with she and her husband also.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

WOW, thanks for the pix, worth a thousand words.

sounds yummy! i dont know which flavor I want to mix in, but I am going to the store tomorrow to buy the angel food cake mix. Thanks for sharing

Just made this cake this afternoon and my DH said to thank you. He ate several pieces and the last 2 are put up for his breakfast. I used apple pie filling and just chopped the apples up a bit with a spatula before adding the cake mix. There are 6 of us and everyone liked it.

This sounds great! And easy is always a plus! Thanks for sharing; will try this soon.
    Nancy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast