Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two Ingredient Fudge!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma nurse View Post
    Just don't use the whipped topping. Ask why I know?
    Oh, do tell...
    Sadiemae

Quote Originally Posted by penski View Post
    so does this mean to let it sit on the counter to firm before puttingit in the frig
    I never never put mine in the frig.

Oh, why did I read this post ... I'm on Weight Watchers!

Power Poster
    I picked up my 250g. Choc. Chipits and 459 g Betty Crocker frosting tonight. I am going to try it tomorrow and see how it turns out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I picked up my 250g. Choc. Chipits and 459 g Betty Crocker frosting tonight. I am going to try it tomorrow and see how it turns out.
    I did the same thing! Will fix it tomorrow...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Power Poster
    Okay, I couldn't wait until tomorrow. It is out of the fridge and I used my pizza wheel to cut it into squares. Tastes relly good but it is a bit sticky. I will leave it in the fridge till tomorrow and see if it firms up. If not, I think I might try dusting it with cocoa and putting it in individual tiny cupcake cups. That's if there is some left by tomorrow.

Power Poster
    My fudge is perfect today and I put it into the little paper cupcake things. I used the Hershey's Chipits SPECIAL DARK chips with BC milk chocolate frosting because I didn't want it too sweet. This is a recipe I will be doing again maybe before Christmas. YUMMY!

sound yummy! I'll have to give it a try.......Michele

I made a triple batch today using white chocolate chips and vanilla frosting. Also added some craisins and pistachios to add the red and green colors of Christmas. I am very pleased and will make this again next year to share with family and friends.

Blog Entries

Compost Cookies - circa 1950

COMPOST COOKIES

INGREDIENTS

1 CUP BUTTER 1# POWDERED SUGAR
    3 CUPS GRAHAM CRACKERS (1/2#) 1 TSP VANILLA
    2 CUPS OATMEAL 1 CUP NUTS (OPTION)
    1/2 CUP PEANUTS 12 OZ CHOC. CHIPS
    1 CAKE PARAFIN

DIRECTIONS

MIX ALL EXCEPT CHOCOLATE & PARAFIN IN MIXER

SHAPE WITH HANDS INTO FINGERS -shaped (ROLLS)

ALLOW TO DRY ON WAX PAPER COVERED TRAY FOR
    1-2 HOURS

MELT CHOCOLATE WITH WAX IN TOP OF DOUBLE
    BOILER OVER HOT WATER

DIP COOKIES WITH FORK OR TONGS

ALLOW TO SET ON TRAY TO COOL

NOTES: Freezes great. You will need to hide them from your kids. Recipe from my Grandma Cleta Fangman of
    Freeport, ILL who passed away in 1995. These were always our family's favorite cookie.

Made a pan this afternoon..just took it out of refrigerator to sample Yummy Thanks so much for sharing.

Judy in Phx :-)

I love simple and GOOD!!!! Thanks!
    'Columbia River Jane' Stickle is the name of my DJ.

To add to your Fudge Recipes ... I just spotted this one using a Toblerone Fudge bar!

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/toblerone-fudge-97924.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20111219-_-1180&cm_lm=46B5A14467D5F3D71620C12CAFBD9D7D

While I haven't made it ... I've NEVER been disappointed by any recipes from the Kraft site! So ENJOY!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    I make Rachael Rays 10 min fudge and it is this easy and great. The only thing I do differently than in yours and her recipe is that I have the silicone pans in different shapes and I spray them with pan and put the hot mixure in it and it's so easy to get out. I have a pan from Pampered Chef that has small cupcake size flowers and a larger bunt size and they both turn out really pretty fudge. I add nuts to mine as well.
    I want to try this one - and also Rachel Ray's 10 Minute fudge recipe .... but I checked her site but didn't find the recipe ? Can you tell us whats in it - or a link for it ?? Thanks !!

Blog Entries
    I am in trouble now! I just tasted a piece of the fudge I made this morning and it is YUMMY! I used milk chocolate chips and milk chocolate icing. Next time I will use butterscotch chips and vanilla icing and see how it tastes! And, of course for Christmas, white chocolate chips with vanilla icing and crushed up candy canes... and, and, and... I will weigh a ton by the time I try all the flavors I have in mind... I will have to just taste and then gift the rest of it to unsuspecting friends...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Power Poster
    I did another batch of 2 ingedient fudge this morning. I had 8 stacking little loaf pans and I lined them with Saran wrap. Since they stack, I used the bottom of one to form the plastic to each pan. I spooned in my fudge and thumped the pans to make sure it went to the bottom and removed any air pockets. I got 7 little pans out of 1 recipe. (My pans measure..top 2X3 in..... deep 1 and 1/4 in.) After a couple of hours in the fridge I just pulled up on the plastic to remove them from the pans and used the extra Saran to wrap them securely. I placed them in Christmas ziplock bags along with the recipe on a recipe card. They are going to be little gifts for special friends this week.

Wow does that sound good and easy I just printed it out.
    thanks
    eunice
    "BIG SKY COUNTRY"

Blog Entries
    Made fudge and it was great! I added a few more chips and it was nice and firm. Want to do a white fudge. Great recipe!
    Quilting in the Desert

Thanks a million for this recipe. You are a life saver as I needed a quick easy one to make fudge for Friday night.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Oh my here come those extra pounds. I just have to try these recipes. Thanks for sharing them.

This was such fun.... made chocolate and also made peppermint with those new peppermint chips and vanilla frosting... made "Pink" Fudge... yummy . Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Judy in Phx

I haven't seen peppermint chipits .... though I do love those cinnamon chipits!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

When you all are using chocolate chips, are they semi-sweet? I had milk chocolate chips on hand and tried them this morning....those darned things just didn't want to melt!! I ended up microwaving my fudge for over 10 minutes, half of that on regular power to try and get the mixture to smooth out.

It's really good stuff. I just don't think I will use milk chocolate again!!

Power Poster
    I am technology challenged so I just did mine on regular power and watched and stirred my Hershey's SPECIAL DARK chipits.I didn't want my fudge too sweet. (my microwave is old and isn't real powerful) It took 2 min. 30 seconds for my chips to completely melt and I stirred in my frosting and put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
    When you all are using chocolate chips, are they semi-sweet? I had milk chocolate chips on hand and tried them this morning....those darned things just didn't want to melt!! I ended up microwaving my fudge for over 10 minutes, half of that on regular power to try and get the mixture to smooth out.

It's really good stuff. I just don't think I will use milk chocolate again!!
    I used milk chocolate chips and melted them at 30% power for 5 minutes, but they were not melted so I put them back in on full power for 30 seconds and that did the trick!
    Linda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast