Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
what do you just "Throw together"? >

what do you just "Throw together"?

what do you just "Throw together"?

Old 12-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Edie
SPAGHETTI SANDWICHES - Leftover Italian Spaghetti, put in a Spider (cast iron frying pan - the big one), sauce and pasta, put in a little oil and fry it. Husband and I have often said that if we could ever open up a stand at the State Fair we would serve Fried Spaghetti Sandwiches. Put the fried up spaghetti between two slices of bread. Oh, is that good! We woulda made a million, except all the slots at the fair were full up and we would have eaten them all up before we sold them! Edie
I LOVE fried spaghetti sandwiches! I'm even a bit strange and add peanut butter to the sandwich sometimes.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 AM

DH loves hamburg gravy on toast, I prefer potatoes with mine.Grson never gets rid of day old spag....he loves it & same with pizza. Some heat it, others eat it cold.I remember Mom using sour milk to make pancakes....thats old.!

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Hamburger gravy and potatoes.
Oh, that is my favorite of favorites - been making that for 50 years - went to a country school and they used to make that for lunches. So much a part of my childhood, adulthood, motherhood and now grannyhood! Edie
Old 12-13-2010, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Why not....after all they sell fried butter & deep fried Oreos LOL
Truth be told, we are too old. We have been planning this for around 50 years now and things just get in the way, so we figure, we'll just eat it! Edie
SPAGHETTI SANDWICHES - Leftover Italian Spaghetti, put in a Spider (cast iron frying pan - the big one), sauce and pasta, put in a little oil and fry it. Husband and I have often said that if we could ever open up a stand at the State Fair we would serve Fried Spaghetti Sandwiches. Put the fried up spaghetti between two slices of bread. Oh, is that good! We woulda made a million, except all the slots at the fair were full up and we would have eaten them all up before we sold them! Edie
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I LOVE fried spaghetti sandwiches! I'm even a bit strange and add peanut butter to the sandwich sometimes.
I sometimes get a craving for a peanut butter sandwich when I am eating spaghetti. It is because in grade school, they served spaghetti with bread & butter, but American Chop Suey with bread and PB. Try it sometime, it is really good.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 AM

I throw together mac and cheese, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, and either a can of peas or small can of shoepeg corn.
I serve buttered bread with it and this meal has save me when I have been out quilt hoppin for too long.
DH and DS love it. (once in a while)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 AM

I love buttered bread with strawberry jam when I have home made mac & cheese.....

I sometimes get a craving for a peanut butter sandwich when I am eating spaghetti. It is because in grade school, they served spaghetti with bread & butter, but American Chop Suey with bread and PB. Try it sometime, it is really good.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:48 AM
EC

Originally Posted by clem55
Campbells tomatoe soup and grilled cheese!
My all time favorite comfort food!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:14 AM

I keep frozen egg rolls in the freezer and egg roll sauce in the cupboard, so that I can just pop some into either hot oil or the confection oven.

I also love tomato soup but I add a pat of butter, basil leaves and pepper. Adds a lot. On my grilled cheese I like to put bacon and or tomato slices. Yum!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM

grilled cheese and tomato - mmmmm
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Grilled cheese and campbell tomatoe soup is our go to around here.
Also Blts in the summer and
anything in the crockpot so I can sew all day and still have a great dinner.