Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What is Your Favorite Dish to Make for a Potluck? >

What is Your Favorite Dish to Make for a Potluck?

What is Your Favorite Dish to Make for a Potluck?

Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Fabulous Broccoli/Cauliflower Casserole 8+ servings

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
generous ½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
squeeze of lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli (or broccoli-cauliflower mix) slightly thawed
8 ounces shredded SHARP cheddar cheese
bread stuffing mix
melted butter for above

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Mix condensed soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, egg and onion.
Break up the frozen broccoli in a large bowl.
Add soup mixture to broccoli, and mix well.
Sprinkle on cheese, seasonings you prefer, and mix well.
Spread mixture into prepared baking dish, and smooth top of casserole.
Blend bread stuffing mix with melted butter and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.

This was so good the first time I made it, moist and rich, that I was resentful there was only a smidge to take back home! It sounds complicated but is actually quite easy. And will make you look like a great cook!

Jan in VA
Thanks, Jan! I think I would like this better than our old favorite broccoli and rice casserole.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Yum!! These sound like some good things to try. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:46 PM

I've taken two fresh strawberry pies to last 2 potlucks. Glaze can be found in produce dept near (what else?) the strawberries. I use premade graham cracker crusts and really get noticed when I walk in - no leftovers to take home either.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:48 PM

I love stuffed green peppers, with rice, spaghetti sauce and topped with cheese. I am the only one in the family who likes them so when I make a whole pan full, I portion out singles, freeze and enjoy later.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

I buy a package of Hawaiian rolls, leave the rolls attached and slice through them taking off the top half. I spread honey mustard, layer sliced ham, cheddar cheese, and green leafy lettuce. Cut the rolls apart leaving them in order. I will do two or three packages for large gatherings. Leave off the lettuce and put in oven until cheese melts for a hot slider.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Cauliflower Salad 1-Head Cauliflower , cut into small pieces (florets only ) 1 pound fried bacon ( I use Baco's or any REAL bacon in a jar ) 8 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese 1 head lettuce cut into small pieces ( NOT the core ) 3 hard boiled eggs mashed 1 small onion ( cut into small pieces ) Miracle Whip to taste Combine all ingredients , let set over night so flavors can blend . Will look a bit runny but mix & serve . I made this 1 time for a family carry in now that's all anyone wants me to bring . Is very yummy
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 AM

I wish there was a way to put all of these recipes together easily so I can get to them for the next potluck I attend. They all sound so good!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM

1 bag shredded cabbage, 1/3 jar Marie's poppy seed dressing, 1 small bag frozen peas. Mix in bowl, go to event and then add 1/2 jar dry roasted peanuts.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
Just went to one! Can you believe Tater Tot Casserole: 1-1/2 lb of grd beef, cooked & drained - I make my own gluten free mushroom/celery cream sauce.(I use instant potatoes to thicken) 1 can drained green beans I caramelize a chopped onion. about 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese - mix all put in dish - then I carefully put the Tots on top in an orderly fashion. The kids like to see the Tots all lined up.
So interesting to see where these recipes come from.I copied yours for a friend..I had never heard of Tater Tot casseroles, but she had and said it must be from Iowa.Then I saw your "Tall Corn State"!.Is she correct?