Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 11:07 AM

TG our Intension was to buy a motor home when we retired and travel to different states to determine where we wanted to winter. With my sister buying in Texas and our decision to be close to her we didn’t need the RV. I am so impressed you can drive this one and your old huge rig.

Macybaby love your layout and Libster your blocks are gorgeous

Old 01-28-2022, 01:39 PM

Thanks, Terri. Made one more this afternoon while I'm waiting for the snow to start.
Has it started there yet, Janice? The news is showing white in Boone. Oh well, I'm in to stay for a while.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0094-2-.jpg  
Old 01-28-2022, 01:51 PM

Libster, It’s snowing a little bit here but not sticking. It’s melting as it hits the ground. Might make for a treacherous night and morning of driving since we’re going down to the teens tonight. I’m not going anywhere.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:10 PM

My latest project
Attached Thumbnails cc5bf1ae-c1c8-49da-b3f5-e2d7a1be6285.jpeg  
Old 01-28-2022, 02:15 PM

Love your mugs! They’re cheery. How are you going to put them together, Terriamn? Are you a coffee or a tea person?

Please feel free to show your current projects. Need some eye candy while we wait for the Boom to begin.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My latest project
Old 01-28-2022, 07:00 PM

The mugs have white borders around each block and were sent in for a paperpiecing swap. I have made a few extra and plan on making several more. Yes I am a coffee person and plan on adding borders and making a couple of fun table runners.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

I love that Hidden Star block, Lib!

Terri the mugs are too cute. They would make great mug rugs, place mats or table runners.

We will get temps below freezing all night tonight. So thankful there won't be snow (I hope).

This is a scrappy tumbler top I just put together from leftover tumblers from several quilts. A little bit of anything and everything... I'm having a hard time finding the right border fabric for it, tho.
Attached Thumbnails img_1829.jpg  
Old 01-28-2022, 09:27 PM

Terri, love those mugs!
Sewbiz, those horses jump right out at me. Love this one too. Border it with some grass or hay and call it a day.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Hiya Boomers!

My name is Jayne, I live in Cheyenne, WY with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. I went through a sudden divorce 3+ years ago - my boom sisters were an amazing support - and have not looked back! I have two grown boys, one is married, one has a long term GF. Neither of them plan to have kids. Fortunately my boyfriends kids do! I'm ready to be a grandma.

I am a full time teacher. I am the director of a district wide graduation program for at risk students. Very similar to an old one room schoolhouse. We do whatever it takes and get diplomas in the hands of kids who haven't always had a lot in life go their way. Prior to this, I was a high school math teacher, so I love the "thinking" part of quilting.

I've quilted for about 10 years and been in the Booms since around 17 or so. It is my FAVORITE.

I plan on retiring in two years... doing lots of traveling and sailing.
Hi Jayne! what is your vision for your Hawaiian fabric? I love the fabric.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:27 AM

Sorry I have been out of touch. I have been helping my best friend Mosher 92 pack up as she is moving to PA. We have been sewing together for 10years. Every Friday is our sew day and any other day we can squeeze in. We make a lot of items such as quilts, wall hangings, place mats and many other pieces and have an etsy store. We love doing the swap together. She got me into the block swap about 9 years ago. I haven't done them all but lots.
I am married for 26 years. I have a granddaughter who just had a baby girl. Aaliyah Audrey. She is 2 weeks old and they live in NY, about 6 hours from me. I can't wait to go visit her, but the week the baby came I ended up with a head cold. Not Covid! Thank goodness...I have been industrial stitching for about 30 years and home quilting for as long. I am semi retired... Love doing the swaps. Thank you everyone for the beautiful work you do and to Janice for running the swap.