Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM

Hi,

I agree about the coupons and the sale items. I usually use mine on embroidery stablizers as they are never are sale up here.

Bev
Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by joann hussey
the coupons are good for nothing!!
I use mine all the time so I have to politely disagree. I buy all sorts of things, from rotary blades, batting, books, notions, to fabric. I love my coupon and was even able to buy my Secret Sister a huge cutting mat for her birthday with it. I couldn't have afforded it otherwise.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM

I also had trouble getting them to snail mail their ads to me. I had to sign up about 6 times before they finally started sending them. As I don't have much for an income right now...they are sort of just "wish" ads that I look through. LOL...better days have to be coming I'm sure. :D
Old 01-12-2010, 09:24 PM

I stopped receiving my email ads, so I sent an email to customer service at JoAnn's. They replied I was cut off when they detected multiple coupons printed out and used in the same week. My fault. I have to make a long trip to the store, so I was justifying it that way. As a side note, I bought a ruler with a 40% discount at JoAnn's then found the same thing for even less at Walmart. OK, OK, I know how many of you feel about Walmart - I'm just telling you... I guess it just shows that some of the Joann's prices are higher than other places. The coupons even it up. I agree that the fabric is of lower quality, but I guess that is reflected in the price. I would love to see a big changeup on the cotton prints available. Many of them have been around for a LONG time!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM

I try to use those for batting...often when the fabric is on sale the batting is not, and vice versa. So, I try to do that. Or I will buy some of their higher priced cotton with it.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 AM

One thing I use them for are their books and dvd's. I don't think they are ever on sale. They are usually in the sewing machine and pattern area. I bought a dvd on paper piecing and saved $7.48 with the 40% off coupon.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 AM

A always use them, because ineveitablely there is somehting in mybasket that is regular price. Very rarely is the batting on sale, so typically, I will stock up on batting when I have a coupon.

My Joanns is nice and they scan the coupon to see if it will work. If it does great, if not back in the pocket until the next time I drop in.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:50 AM

I disagree. What I do is I have a running list or different thing I want and when it goes off sale I get it with the coupon. Also, you can use both the mailer coupon and the newspaper coupon at the same time! Or you can be really nice to the employees at your local Joanns and get special treatment (like being able to do multiple orders or buy more then the limit!)
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by tigger5464
I also had trouble getting them to snail mail their ads to me. I had to sign up about 6 times before they finally started sending them. As I don't have much for an income right now...they are sort of just "wish" ads that I look through. LOL...better days have to be coming I'm sure. :D
I suddenly stopped receiving mine at home and when I complained at my local store they informed me that the Post Office considers it bulk mail (ie, junk mail) and can throw it away at their discretion. Since the PO was two doors down from the store the sales clerk suggested I go down and complain. Apparently, several other customers had been complaining as well. I complained with a hand written note to my mail carriers box, and viola! the ads started arriving in my mailbox after that.
I also signed up to get them at work hoping that I get one ad between home and work.

Rose Hall
Old 01-13-2010, 11:45 AM

They are a pain but if you shop at Michael's, JoAnn's coupons are accepted there for the discount.