Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-11-2016, 07:08 AM

TK, sounds like you are "this close" to having another finish. Can't wait to see it.
Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
i'm down to cutting out the slits to put the lights through and then couching the wire on the back. Can't wait to get it finished. I'm excited about this one.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 AM

So the question is, OhCanada, how many finishes would you say this is? One or Four? You say "another little UFO finish for March" indicating one but in my book, it might just be four. What do you think? Either way, congratulations on a darling finish! Toot, Toot.
Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
Another little UFO finish for March. I needed to take a break from the hand quilting - but hopefully that one will be done by the end of the month as well
Old 03-11-2016, 07:20 AM

Such a pretty finish for your lucky soon-to-be born grand-daughter! (Remember when we didn't know these things in advance, the baby's sex I mean?) I love the prairie points and the colors are soft and inviting in the center and a bit bolder in the border. It has it all. Toot, Toot on a wonderful UFO finish!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Those ties are great on the quilt. My Dad wore ties for years and had so many, I wanted them so bad to make wall hangings for his grand children and myself but it didn't happen. His wife gave them all away
Another finish for this month and a very good thing...new grandbaby is going to be a little girl, due in August. Found some of the squares in a drawer while I was cleaning out, sewn but not put together. Decided to make a donation quilt, didn't know at the time it would be for my grand daughter[ATTACH=CONFIG]544479[/ATTACH]
Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Jaba - I really like the colors you choose; but then again you do have a way with color. Just think now you will not be rushing around at the last minute to complete the baby quilt.

I hate to admit it, but I still have a quilt I started for my Grandson that is not quilted and he is now 11. It is on my list to do, just not sure how to qult it.

Oh Canada, your holiday dish towel and potholder are really cute.

I am hand sewing the binding to my Queen Christmas Quilt and my King still need to get on the frame.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Almost missed this finish of Rob's. Beautiful colors. Toot, Toot on another finish!
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Here's my 2nd UFO for March, finished YAY! It's only been sitting around for 4 years LOL! I think this is the last of the funky ones for the show. The rest will mostly be more traditional quilts--and I've got plenty of them to keep me busy LOL!

Rob
Old 03-11-2016, 12:06 PM

Oh, dear, here's another finish I nearly overlooked. These are so nice. I do prefer the binding as you did the last 5. The squares seem to suit them better. Nice job! Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
I'm on a roll, I grabbed these placemats from the UFO box last week and completed them today. They were all sandwiched and ready for some quilting and binding. The one on the bottom left corner was the only one that had been finished. I had cut and sewn on bias binding because I thought that the diamonds would look nice, but I did the rest the easier way and I think I prefer the checkerboard look. The other thing I simplified was the quilting in the border. The more complex pattern on the bottom left one was lost in the busy fabric, so not worth the effort. I learn something new with each project I tackle, I like that. My next UFO to tackle is to finish hand quilting a full sized bed quilt.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:48 PM

Default Another March UFO done!--Crumb quilt

Hey all, here's my 3rd March UFO. The diamonds and the lines between the circles were FMQ'd with rulers as was all the ditch work--ESS on the crumbs LOL!

Rob
Attached Thumbnails modern-crumb.jpg   quilting-detail.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 12:54 PM

What a beautiful quilt Jaba! I love the colors and the points on the border.

OhCanada- nice towels and potholders-- they would be perfect in my kitchen! Did you hand appliqué them or are they machine appliqué? Either way, the stitching is beautiful.

Rob
Old 03-11-2016, 04:08 PM

Nice Rob. Love the dot quilting. You're helping me to get out of the quilty box and see things differently. High 5!
Old 03-12-2016, 06:50 AM

Thanks Fraew.