Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 AM

well done you all! Today is what Rob calls 'your class' What is it? Meeting, I think.
I don't feel thin this morning so probably no 15 pounds amazing technicolor show.
There are good leaders and fill ins both the Tuesday and Thursday but I'm not crazy about the whole world being in the same page. In 30 minutes there isn't much free for all time and probably a lot of questions go without answers.

Good news this week though. I have mammogram and the CT scan for my lungs the same day, the Mammo came back clean and free. Waiting on the lungs. Each year, in retrospect, I can see how scheduling these tests winds me up.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:42 AM

A curiosity of one of the meetings I attend, both the leader and second in command are seriously overweight.
My leader leads 13 meeting a week. A woman of strong fortitude!

Family reunion this past weekend, I have to honestly say, I must have the nicest family on earth.
And only twice did I see anyone with technology in their hands. Gives me hope for the future of the world

Still managed a 2 ounce loss, even with the miles of good cookin' on the picnic tables.
I took big bowls of my own carrot salad and kraut salad and Safeway carrot chips, so I wouldn't excuse myself with 'well nothing here, might as well dig in'

I hit 15 pounds and can now get into nearly every piece of clothes I own. My next goal is 155 pounds, what I weighed when I had my 1st cancer surgery.

Wishing strong for all of you!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
A curiosity of one of the meetings I attend, both the leader and second in command are seriously overweight.............
They're lucky to still be working.
In this area, they have been fired for far less.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:17 AM
Power Poster

Does anyone do WW online instead of meetings?
Old 06-27-2018, 07:29 AM

my cost is $30.00 a month, auto pay, which includes in person meetings and the use of the WW online site.
I only use the WW site for tracking what I've eaten, a source of truth if I am not losing

That was a special the week I joined. Normally meetings are 10-12.00 a week, which becomes a sizeable dollar commitment.

there is a help line you can call in the on-line app, supposed to be 24/7
And Connect, where people post all kind of weight related photos, progress, before and afters
but there really isn't a way to make friends or meet kindred spirits. It can be used as incentive.
lots of recipes.
graph showing progress from start to current
a calendar with blue circles when you stay in point range. A quick reminder of sloppy eating or on target eating, it goes by the food you track.
And the very best thing, which took me forever to find is the little icon in the upper right corner where you click and a scanner comes up that reads barcodes and tells you right now how many points per serving size, which is way fun when grocery shopping.
there is a place to add movement which in turn earns extra points towards the days food.
There is a restaurant part where the points for food can be checked, valuable if you eat out a lot.

I guess there is quite a lot on-line! But the accountability of in person meetings is what has always helped me the most.

At my 5'1" my target range is no more than 23 points per day, but if you don't use points one day, up to four will roll over for use the next day, or they go into a point bank and usually by the end of the week I have about 40 extra points banked. I haven't used them, but they are there if you need a blow out

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 06-27-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM

I do online-only. I'm not a very social person in real life, plus I don't have transportation, so online works out best for me. It's $19.95 a month.

Somehow I managed to stay on track during vacation! Woo hoo! I'm now 58.8 pounds down. Still have a loooong way to go, but I'm gonna keep on keeping on!

DH still hasn't said a word. I'm not doing it for his benefit, anyway, so pffftt on him!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

moonrise- that's fantastic!
I had my annual physical today and everything is good except for my weight. UGH.
I would like to try the online program. Wish me luck. I really need to get some weight off.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

people always say water weight. WHY? I drink so much water a day, about 2 gallons, that's about 18-20 lbs right there. so who started that and why?? weather you think it's water weight or not, you lost it, so great job!
Old 07-07-2018, 11:18 AM

I probably drink about 3 quarts of liquid a day.
I've had a waffly few days. When I saw they give charms for 16 weeks on program, I ask if it was because there is where most people seem to fall by the wayside. They said yes.

so I'm in my 16th week and feeling waffly I'm eating fresh raspberries to fill the corners! 16 pounds now.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:38 PM

I am on the same plan as KalamaQuilts. I do go to weigh in every week for accountability but don’t stay for the meetings. Lost 40 lbs since November, but have been on a plateau the last 2 months. I eat 20-23 pts per day, don’t use weeklies. I have also started tracking calories in the free version of My Fitness Pal just in case I was eating too many zero point foods, but am staying about 1200-1400 calories a day which is less than the 1500 Target it set for me in the weight loss mode. I am trying to be patient, thinking my body is in reset mode!