Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

• Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 06:27 AM

I love those coffee mug blocks, terriamn. I have one addiction in life and it is coffee. I can't function without it! The darker the roast, the better.

Sewbizgirl, what a great tumbler quilt. So many fun fabrics hidden in there.

I'm working on a couple of UFOs before the Boom fabrics arrive.
    Old 01-29-2022, 06:50 AM
    Power Poster

Smile

Intro-I am a large family mama at the tail end of raising my family as most are adults. We are in agriculture and trying to figure out how to retire but for now we can not yet do that. We like to go camping and are learning how to boondock. We do shorter trips. Yesterday we came back from camping in the Arizona desert. Our rv is a motorhome that is 25 feet. The couch folds down to make a bed. I sit on the couch and the table in front is removable. I posted some pictures of my quilt set up, the rv and where we went last. I have been quilting for 19 years. I was in Boomerang 8 and 10, before it being centralized and in BOOM 16 and possibly more. I am very excited to be joining up again.
    Attached Thumbnails 20220118_174613-small-.jpg   20220120_100851-small-.jpg   20220125_125255-small-.jpg   20220126_112523-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 01-29-2022 at 07:08 AM.
    Old 01-29-2022, 08:09 AM

Unfortunately, still no word on our wayward package of F8s. Hopefully it will show up early next week.
    Old 01-29-2022, 10:02 AM

American Patchwork and quilting read my ( truthful) podcast review on air and sent me this gift! It’s one of the three quilting podcasts I listen to. I love my podcasts
    Attached Thumbnails 39073040-a3c2-476e-9271-26f06bc587f8.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-29-2022 at 10:05 AM.
    Old 01-29-2022, 10:07 AM

That’s exciting. Neat gift! What podcasts do you listen to?
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    American Patchwork and quilting read my ( truthful) podcast review on air and sent me this gift! It’s one of the three quilting podcasts I listen to. I love my podcasts
    Old 01-29-2022, 10:12 AM

Every time we pull into a camping spot or a well known boondocking spot I’m always a little envious of those beautiful big RVs I see. We travel in our kluged up 1999 ‘ Econoline ‘van. My husband built it out with a little help from me. It has a chest refrigerator/freezer powered by solar, a potty I only use at night for #1. A full size futon bed and room for hand sewing , not a sewing machine. It does carry our bikes and inflatable kayak. It’s just fine for us but when it’s cold or I’m missing my sewing machine I look longingly at those big RVs. If it’s raining we just go somewhere else.
    Old 01-29-2022, 10:26 AM

I listen to these three podcasts
    1. American Patchwork and quilting podcasts from the editors of Better homes and gardens magazines. They have a good format with about 5 different topics. They obviously prepare their segment. I always learn something new.

2. A quilting life podcast. This is a very well organized podcast too. A mother daughter Moda designer team. The son runs the technical end and chimes in occasionally. I bought the moms quilt planner and she’s also doing monthly videos on using it. Very helpful

3. Simple. Handmade. Every day. She has segments each podcasts on quilting ( not just hand quilting), knitting, home organizing, self care, reviews on books, and tv shows and movies she’s read/ watched. I found the organizing system I’ve had good success with and the goal planner I’m using for the first time through this podcast. I also am enjoying many of the books and shows. And of course I love the quilting up date each podcast. This podcast is more sporadic. More folksy.

ive tried others but these are my favorite quilting podcasts.

i get up every morning and do a big once a day kitchen cleaning, I listen to various podcasts or audio books then. . And of course I listen when I quilt.

i reviewed all three as the podcasters asked for reviews so their podcasts will be fine. All read on air. Since the podcasts are free, I felt it was the least I could do.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:17 PM
    Power Poster

Marcialee, did you know you can put a link to your Etsy shop in your sig line? I'm sure we would all love to visit it!

NZ, I'm the same way with coffee. Did you know the dark roasts have less caffeine than lighter roasts? Seems counter-intuitive but it's true. Maybe that's why we need more of it, LOL.

Anna, your RV looks like a size I could actually drive... ha. I'm sure you have lots of fun in it.

Somebody please explain what 'boondocking' is... is it the same as primitive camping, no hookups?

MJP, thanks for the podcast info. I need to listen to something better than true crime when I'm traveling. Congrats on your prizes. BH&G is a great company. They have bought some of my knitting patterns for publication. They compensated me well, and when they sold my design to another publisher for another pattern book, they paid me again. Nice people to work with.

Hoping that package starts moving again soon, Janice. It always happens.
    Old 01-29-2022, 01:16 PM

Because I would be visiting DD in Florida for 2 wks, when ordering supplies, had sent to Florida. It arrived 10 days after I came home. Lost in postal traffic. GRRR. It was something I could live without, but not easily.
    Old 01-29-2022, 02:20 PM

Yes Sewbiz boondocking is primitive camping

My sister made an offer on a house in the same community we bought in. It will be perfect for them and she will make the guest bedroom into her sewing room. Right now we are half a block apart, unfortunately our new places will be half a mile apart. A bit of a walk to have a morning coffee together