Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do? >

What do you do?

What do you do?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Bev

{/quote}Here is your divine help..LOL! Pick a color. Any color. Now work on something that is that color. Pick another color. Work on something that color. Sometimes we see so many trees, we can't 'see' the woods anymore. When you have to cut all the trees in the woods down, break it into smaller jobs. Learn to say NO. We get so bogged down on making everyone happy, to the point that we make ourselves miserable. If losing love for not getting it done, is your fear, just remember, we all love each other here, and none of us get everything done everyday. You are among friends. {HUGS} P.S. Tell beautiful DDIL yes, only if she is not picky about which birthday. I have a feeling she will understand if you tell her why. {LOVIES}[/quote]

You are so right. I think I'll send DDIL a nice purchased gift for this b'day, and promise her the other one for anytime in the coming year including, possibly,her next birthday. That'll be a big relief to me. And by the way, I took a couple of hours today and shut myself into my quilting room, leaving my phone outside, and finished a baby quilt that had been haunting me. What a great feeling!
Thanks for your help and comforting words. :D
Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 AM

I have project bags ,numbered, just finished a hand quilted queen sized one, now I am going to do some hand needleturn applique and some Dear Jane blocks just because I want to. LOL. jo
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ktbb
try numbering all the projects you have, put numbers on pieces of paper in a jar and if you really can't decide what to do, pull out a number and just do that one until it's finished...
This suggestion just might inspire me. Thanks. One thing I do - you know about "leaders" & "enders"? Well, I've started cutting 2 or 3 projects at a time & I use the hardest/longest to finish as my "leaders & enders". By the time I finish the 1st project I have a good start on another one.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM

I have done that also, but don't remember what I did to get back at it. I am just hopeful it won't happen to me before Christmas!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM

Or when I'm really stuck & procrastinating I go through a book or magazine of quilt projects & that usually gets my juices flowing again. I have started a project & then put it aside for something else, but I don't like to do it because too many times it turns into a UFO, so when I start planning & dreaming about a new project I tell myself "As soon as _ _ _ _ is finished, I can get going on the new one" Doesn't always work, but .......sometimes....actually I could probably place pretty high on the "UFO Queen" list.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 PM

Hi Suzi! Wow! I am impressed with your desire to do all this and I believe that it can be done. What I suggest is that you put everything away except ONE project. When you go to your sewing table, work on that project, finish it and then bring out another. You will be amazed at how much you will get done. One Christmas my A daughter was struggling through rehab and I suggested that we make Carry-on bags for the women in our family. We started at the beginning of Nov and by Christmas we had made every man, woman and child in our family (including her mother my husband's ex-wife) a carry-on bag, 22 of them. It was great therapy for her and I learned that "it can be done!" We had a great time and became better friends than ever before. Good luck and remember, there is no score card, just do the best you can. Everyone will love you no matter what.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM

I make my list and then I organize and prioritize based on ages of recipients. For instance, my nephew who is just a few weeks old, is less likely than the preschoolers to notice if his gift isn't completed in time ;) So his goes last. Adults go pretty late in the pile too :)
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Laura22
I make my list and then I organize and prioritize based on ages of recipients. For instance, my nephew who is just a few weeks old, is less likely than the preschoolers to notice if his gift isn't completed in time ;) So his goes last. Adults go pretty late in the pile too :)
I like your method Laura. When I get my sewing room put back together that is exactly what I am going to do.