"Weigh In"

Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Thanks Leota, just what I needed!!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM

you're welcome...
Now if I could motivate myself to do the Yogo tape before everyone gets up....
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Carole3450
Hi
I am a newbie to the forum and would love to weigh in. I have been trying hard to lose weight with Weight Watches on line since the beginning of February. I have lost 10 lbs but have been off WW for 2 weeks. My husband had cancer surgery and it has been hard to get back on track. Easter is Sunday so I hope to be on a WW schedule for eating again Monday.
Carole: Welcome to the Board. I hope you will find the support you are looking for here. This group is very motivating, and a lot of people have been through some tough times. Going through cancer surgery with your husband is very stressful and it will throw you off track. But you will get back in the swing of things once you are not worrying so much. Give yourself a break and just start again on Monday, you know what you are doing since you have lost 10 lbs already. Just go back to what you were doing before, and be sure to track your points. Several of us are on weight watchers here. So be sure to ask for support if you need it.
Linda
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lneal
Does anyone have a suggestion for toning exercises. I basically need a plan. Thanks in advance!
Pliates............get a resistance band it will work wonders and you don't need a DVD it comes with written instructions and pictures. They cost less then $10, amazon has 1 with a door attatchment just do a search. They are well worth the money. :-D The best thing is you don't feel like you are working out and you don't sweat. If I wanted to sweat I would wrap myself in an electric blanket and turn it on to high. :lol: :lol:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 PM

Karielt, biggest congratulations! I will send you a pm for your addy :)
Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I want you to stay too. You have done an amazing job at losing so much weight. I have about 60 to lose. Stick with us and we will do it together. It's way more fun this way. :-)
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Lneal
January total loss was 75.6 lbs

February total loss was 37.7 lbs

March total loss was 94.15 lbs

TOTAL LOSS # 207.45 lbs :D :D :D :D

Combining the threads into this one "Weigh In" will be a big help to me with my busy schedule. Thanks girls for being so understanding!!
That is amazing! Big congrats to the winner and the runners up. I will PM for an address.

Thank you Lneal for all your help. You ROCK!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 AM

You ladies are so funny I love you all. I just want all of you to know that this has meant the world to me. This is what I needed to get moving and get healthy. I don't have much on the secret side but I'll tell you what I'm doing. First of all I do have ALOT to lose so I'm sure this first month was just water weight and finely getting up and doing something. The other things are all Ideas I got from reading a lot of books.
1. Get rid of all white flour and sugar. At least as much as you can
2. Add soy to you diet like tofu to scrabbled eggs or stir fry. I though this sounded gross but it wasn't bad. Changed over to soy milk. It also helps with the hormone balance.
3. My snacks are nuts/ Walnuts in the oatmeal/ Almonds at snack time
4. Lots of green....... If it’s green it’s good for you. I have started juicing and spinach tastes lots better in apple juice. Ok I gross my boss out drinking green. LOL
5. I love DR OZ and I have his program recording everyday to give me a boost to be healthy.
6. Walk away the pounds video every morning and 3 times a week Yoga class.... Ok I try... my body doesn't go into the directions they want it but holy cow you really get a stretch and you feel it the next day and its very low impact.
Ok that is what I'm doing other than reading all your inspiration. Hope this helps someone....
Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM

I am really going to make every attempt possible to loose a huge amount of weight this month! Ok Ok at least 5 pounds-but to me that is huge and a step in the right direction.
Hugs
April
Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hooray Sewred-way to go.

I didn't lose anything this month but BP is back to normal. I guess extra walking has helped that. Now to cut back on calories and eating after 6pm.

Congrats to everyone for making improvements in lifestyle--it's all good!!
Three cheers for getting the BP back to normal!! That is just as important as losing the weight...